Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: First OC/CC.

(Adams County)

Default First OC/CC.

Went out for the first time today without incident. We went to Perkin's wich is the only place that I OCed when I took off my coat. Then went to the state store, Walmart and Petco with my coat covering my sidearm. I wasn't as nervous as I thought I would be, but my wife was. It actually felt completely natural.
    I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy. Hippie and 3%er.

(Carbon County)

Default Re: First OC/CC.

Congrats on an uneventful day. My first day of OC went the same way. Have had many trips since then go exactly the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by 03scf250 View Post
    Congrats on an uneventful day. My first day of OC went the same way. Have had many trips since then go exactly the same way.
    He was in Hanover, I have OC'd a pistol and an AK here, with no response.....

Haven't tried the AR, yet...

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Went out for the first time today without incident. We went to Perkin's wich is the only place that I OCed when I took off my coat. Then went to the state store, Walmart and Petco with my coat covering my sidearm. I wasn't as nervous as I thought I would be, but my wife was. It actually felt completely natural.
    I think that out of everything related to being on the "pro gun" side, the thing that pisses me off the most is the feeling many of us have to overcome when we first start carrying in any manner. You know, the feeling that we are doing something illegal. The people responsible for entrenching that feeling in people over the years should burn in hell.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    I think that out of everything related to being on the "pro gun" side, the thing that pisses me off the most is the feeling many of us have to overcome when we first start carrying in any manner. You know, the feeling that we are doing something illegal. The people responsible for entrenching that feeling in people over the years should burn in hell.
    Don't go getting philosophical on us.

Where is Headcase and what have you done with him!!!!!!

(Northampton County)

I know its hard to say dont be nervous. But remember your not doin anything wrong and always understand that!!!!. When your first start carrying you think omg evryones looking at me, but its really just you. It will get more comforting to you in no time. Congrats on a uneventful day!!!!

(Lackawanna County)

congrats i oc'd at denny today for the first time !
    A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost!

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by arobertson View Post
    congrats i oc'd at denny today for the first time !
    Congrats to you, also. It feels good to be one of the few who practice our rights.

(Adams County)

I didn't feel at all that I was doing something illegal. I think that the support of all the folks here on PAFOA made the difference. Thanks, guys. I don't think I would have had the fortitude to stand up for my rights if it were not for all of you. And I know this will carry over into any similar situation. It felt great to know that I was doing something that I am promised by my government even though many people don't agree. When my wife found out that I planned to carry today, she was very nervous. Then by the time we left, she said that after thinking about it, she was nervous about what might happen if I didn't carry my gun. Again, I want to thank everyone here for giving me the strength to stand up. I am looking forward to doing so for a long time.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Went out for the first time today without incident. It actually felt completely natural.
    Congrats! After a while, you'll feel naked if you DON'T have your sidearm.

You know, the feeling that we are doing something illegal. The people responsible for entrenching that feeling in people over the years should burn in hell.
    Sadly, there are plenty of people "on our side" who foster this feeling.
    Nine out of ten moderators approve of this post!