Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: [PAFOA Blog] Gubernatorial Candidates Go on the Record

Quote Originally Posted by Nullifidian View Post
    Roher doesn't have a chance.

This is unfortunately another case of having to pick the candidate that has the clout to beat the Democrats rather than picking the candidate I like best.

So I'll probably vote for Corbett. He has solid footing in the polls for all PA citizens, and not just Republicans.
    thats the type of thinking we need to change!

VOTE FOR THE CANDIDATE THAT YOU SUPPORT THE MOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not the candidate that has the best chance of winning. most of the TEA PARTYS AND 912 Groups are throwing thier weight behind ROHRER!
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(Lackawanna County)

i'ne known for some time that Doherty was an anti, but ending state preemption? i guess i should have expected that from someone who idolizes Herr Bloomberg. now i feel that voting for Gary DiBileo for mayor was the right thing to do.

(Allegheny County)

The capital city of Harrisburg in PA spending the tax payers money they don’t have and considering filing Bankruptcy to address $68 million in debt service payments due this year or having to potentially taxing every single person living in the city of 47,000 another about 1,500 buck each to cover the cost of the debt.

PA state government is now facing two billion short fall this year with over spending incoming revenue and possibly having to go into bankruptcy protection in the future or tax the hell out of everyone in PA.

Current (PRO GUN) state Rep Sam Rohrer and Republican governor candidate is talking about this as a major budget / tax short fall issue facing the next PA governor as a big looming problem as part of his platform.

All these political clowns listed in original news story running for governor are worried about firearm laws as a priority of their administrations,

Are they kidding?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/bloomberg/20...agkxad449x_c_1
    Pennsylvania Capital Harrisburg Considers Bankruptcy

Feb. 4 (Bloomberg) -- Harrisburg, the capital of Pennsylvania, will consider Chapter 9 bankruptcy protection along with tax increases and asset sales as options to address $68 million in debt service payments due this year, the chairwoman of a City Council committee said last night.

Every option, including tax and fee increases, bankruptcy and a state takeover through Pennsylvania’s Act 47 municipal oversight program will be considered, said Susan Brown-Wilson, chairwoman of the Budget and Finance Committee, which began a week of hearings last night to consider a 2010 spending plan.

The $68 million in debt service payments that Harrisburg faces in connection with the construction of a waste incinerator this year is four times what the city of 47,000 expects to raise through property taxes, and $4 million more than the city’s entire proposed operating budget.

“We need to see, what does Act 47 do for us; what does bankruptcy do,” Wilson said in an interview during a break in the opening budget hearing at Harrisburg City Hall. “You have to have all of them on the table.”

Harrisburg skipped more than $3.5 million in debt-service and swap payments last year, prompting draws on reserves and back-up payments by Dauphin County, where Harrisburg is located. The county has sued the city to recover its payments.

Budget Proposal

Wilson was among five Council members who voted last year to reject a 2010 budget proposal by former mayor Stephen Reed, who left office last month after 28 years. The proposal would have attempted to cover the debt service costs by selling assets such as an historic downtown market, an island in the Susquehanna River that includes the city’s minor-league baseball stadium, and the city’s parking, sewer and water systems.

The plan to raise $69 million by selling downtown features was reinstated last month by Linda Thompson, the newly elected mayor, in a substitute budget. The seven-member council has until Feb. 15 to approve a final 2010 budget.

Brown-Wilson said she would support leasing only city assets that don’t generate revenue, as the parking and water systems do.

Carol Cocheres, bond counsel for the incinerator’s operator, the Harrisburg Authority, told the city council at a Dec. 14 hearing that the city is already in danger of legal action for payments that were missed last year on $288 million in debt it has guaranteed with its full faith and credit.

“There’s never been a default like this in Pennsylvania municipal history,” she said. “This is all new territory.”

Risking Suit

Cocheres told council members that by skipping payments that are made on behalf of the authority, the city risks being sued and ordered to raise taxes or fees by Assured Guaranty Municipal Corp., formerly FSA Insurance, which has insured the bonds, or by the deal’s trustee, TD Bank.

City Controller Dan Miller, who was vice president of the council until January, has advocated bankruptcy as an alternative to selling assets.

Harrisburg’s credit rating was lowered two levels below investment grade to Ba2 by Moody’s Investors Service in October. The city faces a $164 million deficit over the next five years, mostly because of debt created by the incinerator, according to Management Partners Inc. of Cincinnati, a consulting firm hired to study the city’s finances as part of a state review.
    BTW Harrisburg city government had the time to Illegally enact L&S preemption ordinance last year instead of figuring out how to pay for their over spending.

Maybe if all these elected officials would do what they are supposed to doing in office, rather than making more firearm laws that won't be enforced, government wouldn't be in debt everywhere from spending our tax money they don't got.
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    i'ne known for some time that Doherty was an anti, but ending state preemption? i guess i should have expected that from someone who idolizes Herr Bloomberg. now i feel that voting for Gary DiBileo for mayor was the right thing to do.
    It only makes sense that Preemption would be their biggest target, that is generally the only thing that holds them back.

Quote Originally Posted by renegadephoenix View Post
    most of the TEA PARTYS AND 912 Groups are throwing thier weight behind ROHRER!
    Yeah, that right there says I'm voting for Corbett.

My view of "Tea Party" folks is not a positive one. My view of 912 is ... extremely negative at best. Their endorsement of a candidate essentially ensures I'll vote against him/her. Glenn Beck is a poisoned well as far as I'm concerned.
    Last edited by Nullifidian; February 5th, 2010 at 02:46 PM.

(Lackawanna County)

Yeah, that right there says I'm voting for Corbett.

My view of "Tea Party" folks is not a positive one. My view of 912 is ... extremely negative at best. Their endorsement of a candidate essentially ensures I'll vote against him/her. Glenn Beck is a poisoned well as far as I'm concerned.
    why is that, exactly? i'm not familiar with 912, and i'm not too involved in the Tea Party thing, either.

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    why is that, exactly? i'm not familiar with 912, and i'm not too involved in the Tea Party thing, either.
    Their claim of being against "Big Government" is frequently completely contrary to what they actually espouse. The 912 "movement" is just Glenn Beck's little group of mindless neo-cons with a new name.

By association, Tea Party has been filled with pretty much the same folks. People who don't actually stop to think about what they are shouting for. They are just there to be angry at "those damn liberals." They don't stop to think logically about their views, they just rage against anything that isn't labelled right wing, and anything Republican that doesn't actively rage against the Democrats like they are. These people are frequently afflicted by Obama Derangement Syndrome; a condition which causes people to blame anything and everything on Obama whether or not it is even possible for Obama to be responsible.

They are an extremist group, and like all extremist groups, they are guided by emotional nonsense, dogma, fear, and rage.

(Lackawanna County)

Their claim of being against "Big Government" is frequently completely contrary to what they actually espouse. The 912 "movement" is just Glenn Beck's little group of mindless neo-cons with a new name.

By association, Tea Party has been filled with pretty much the same folks. People who don't actually stop to think about what they are shouting for. They are just there to be angry at "those damn liberals." They don't stop to think logically about their views, they just rage against anything that isn't labelled right wing, and anything Republican that doesn't actively rage against the Democrats like they are. These people are frequently afflicted by Obama Derangement Syndrome; a condition which causes people to blame anything and everything on Obama whether or not it is even possible for Obama to be responsible.

They are an extremist group, and like all extremist groups, they are guided by emotional nonsense, dogma, fear, and rage.

oh, i thought the Tea Party thing referred to that thing i like to do with hookers.....un, i mean, my masseuse. as a consenting adult.

with no money exchanging hands.

out of state.

(Chester County)

[QUOTE=WhiteFeather;1084933]Are they kidding?[/SIZE][/B]

Nope. Once they have the guns out of the hands of the subjects then can tax the hell out of you. Without guns you cannot overthrow them. You just need to see it form their stand point.
    Regards Robert
    Smile... it increases your face value!
    Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not. ~Thomas Jefferson

(Allegheny County)

Seriously, tell us how you really feel.......

so basicly i'm a right wing nut job because i'm one of the Organizers for the Southwest PA Tea Party whos values are for smaller government, tax cuts, no socialized government health care..............

so by your statement, anyone who the TEA Party supports for the above reasons means you will vote for the opposite, even though you stated yourself you would love to see ROHRER elected.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast