Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Re: PSP/PICS rescinds illegal edict on AR-15 Receiver transfers (No more white form)

Quote Originally Posted by King 5.45 View Post
    It's like the parable of the little girl who tossed a starfish back into the sea. It may not make much of a collective difference, but it means something to that one starfish.

I bought a lower during that period. I've seen what was said in the PICS newsletter, and I'm willing to contact my state reps to demand that the PSP toss my record of sale. I'm sure that there are hundreds of people here who were similarly burdened with an extra piece of paper, not to mention the extra cost involved in the transaction. And what about those monies? Lost over the dam, or under the mill?
    Well, I think your onto something. It will be much easier to get the consumers to act directly than it will to get the majority of dealers to act on their behalf. Trust me, some dealers care, but the bulk of them don't give a shit.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Berks County)

Default Re: PSP/PICS rescinds illegal edict on AR-15 Receiver transfers (No more white form)

Was this the same reason that some dealers wouldn't sell a FULL AR to someone that's over 18 and under 21? I remember hearing claims that "it was the law"

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post
    Was this the same reason that some dealers wouldn't sell a FULL AR to someone that's over 18 and under 21? I remember hearing claims that "it was the law"
    Yep,
    A FFL can not sell a virgin rcvr or a handgun to anyone under 21. When the PSP/PICS lost their minds and required AR rifles be transfered as handguns dealers figured the nonsense PSP edict was som\me new "law".

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Lebanon County)

I'm a little behind the curve on this.

I know it originally pertained to the PSP wanting bare AR lowers registered as a handgun regardless of its intended use. The letter now means that the PSP is doing away with that nonsense for the AR lowers finally.

What am I missing here? Does this mean that if I want any stripped lower regardless of rifle/pistol that there is no ROS paperwork now? I would still have to do the PICS check correct?

If there is a thread or something that will get me up to speed I'll gladly read up on it unless someone wants to help me out with some "cliff-notes".
    "Remember the first rule of gunfighting ... have a gun." Jeff Cooper

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    Well, looky what just came in the mail today. It's my FFL newsletter from the PSP/PICS division...

They finally admitted the obvious:

Image isn't working for me, even when I paste the url directly into my browser

And Greg and I were just creating a challenge to PSP/PICS. Oh, well, on to other projects I guess...
    Crap! Does that mean I have to actually pay for the receiver now? Guess we'll just have more time to get ready for Philly.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Allegheny County)

Good idea, but knowing the mindset of dealers in Pa. I wouldn't expect more than 1% to 3% to bother. Most simply do not care like we do.
    Dealers aren't much different than gun owners in that respect.
    The Lord Bless You

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by wheeling365 View Post

I know it originally pertained to the PSP wanting bare AR lowers registered as a handgun regardless of its intended use. The letter now means that the PSP is doing away with that nonsense for the AR lowers finally.
    There is no registration in Pa.

Yes, the PSP rescinded the illegal requirement.

If there is a thread or something that will get me up to speed I'll gladly read up on it unless someone wants to help me out with some "cliff-notes".
    Old thread on the prior change:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...s-changes.html

Remember Meleanie

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Image isn't working for me, even when I paste the url directly into my browser
    Apparently my server is down...

Remember Meleanie

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    So, how do you interpret this with respect to a virgin, stripped 1911 frame?
    Its been my understanding that a pistol receiver with an integral grip is treated as a pistol. Where as a bare receiver without a grip that can be built either way is only a receiver until assembled with a buttstock or a pistol grip only.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Delaware County)

What am I missing here? Does this mean that if I want any stripped lower regardless of rifle/pistol that there is no ROS paperwork now? I would still have to do the PICS check correct?

This past Wednesday I tried to pick-up a stripped lower from my FFL. He had two forms, one I guess was a PICS form and the other was a PSP registration form, guessing on that too. The 2nd form is what this thread about?

I told my FFL I didn't want to fill out the 2nd form, because he did mention something about PSP register, which I thought was illegal. He called PICS to see if I had to on a stripped receiver that I intended to use on a long gun, after a phone transfer or two he was told no I didn't have to.

He then ran me in pics and I was put in research, something about more people are going into research in 2010 and not to worry because I have bought guns before.

I just called a few minutes ago and I'm still in research, I don't get it.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast