Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Default Re: New Blair County Sheriff: NFA friendly?

I never updated from years ago. I got the APD to sign mine. Never got the damn silencer though because ECGS went out of business and I never went elsewhere becuase expenses came up, yada yada.

(Blair County)

I know this is a old post but I was hoping someone had some getting somebody to sign off the nfa forms I was planing to buy a gun it dont seem to be worth it though appreciate any tips or solutions on this subject

(Blair County)

I have not seen or heard of any changes to the current sheriff's attitude about signing off on NFA paperwork. My suggestion is to consider going with a Trust or LCC and there are links in previous posts on this thread that should point you in the right direction if you do go that route. Poster above mentioned he was able to get the APD to sign off on his paperwork. Shoot him a PM and see what he can do to point you the right way. That would be my first suggestion before going with the other options.Good luck!
    Last edited by GLHX2112; November 22nd, 2013 at 01:04 PM.
    USAF Security Police

(Blair County)

I would still try him. If he says no make sure you voice your displeasure.
    I can take an assbeating like its nobodys business" - Doug Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by GLHX2112 View Post
    I have not seen or heard of any changes to the current sheriff's attitude about signing off on NFA paperwork. My suggestion is to consider going with a Trust or LCC and there are links in previous posts on this thread that should point you in the right direction if you do go that route. Poster above mentioned he was able to get the APD to sign off on his paperwork. Shoot him a PM and see what he can do to point you the right way. That would be my first suggestion before going with the other options.Good luck!
    That route has been strip-mined by the overzealous selling of NFA trusts. ATF noticed that 12,000 Forms per year were now going to trusts, corps, and LLCs (but mostly trusts), and that they no longer really knew who had possession of the registered firearms.

They're in the process of forcing trusts to get CLEO signatures for all of the major participants. Meaning that if your CLEO won't sign for you, then he's not going to sign for you as a trustee, either.

It's what happens when short-sighted folks do bad things because current law allows it; the law gets changed for everybody. It's why most bad laws get passed, because somebody found some new bit of douchebaggery to try, that hadn't really been a problem before. Like cybersquatting, Internet stalking, computer sales calls, etc.

I fully expect that in the next 50 years we'll need laws against things like "using the image of a coworker's face in a virtual sex game" and "replicating the DNA of a famous person for immoral purposes".
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Blair County)

With the proposed changes to Trusts and CLEO sign off, I am now at a loss as to what to do next year if the new law(s) go into effect, which it looks like they will. No more NFA toys for those of us living in Altoona. Fraking pathetic. Unless somebody is now signing off.
    USAF Security Police

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by GLHX2112 View Post
    With the proposed changes to Trusts and CLEO sign off, I am now at a loss as to what to do next year if the new law(s) go into effect, which it looks like they will. No more NFA toys for those of us living in Altoona. Fraking pathetic. Unless somebody is now signing off.

Chief Freehling will sign off on it, she signed mine back in November.

(Blair County)

Wow, thanks for the update concerning Chief Freehling signing paperwork. That is pretty good news.
    USAF Security Police

(Blair County)

I wanted to post in this thread to ask on how the NFA landscape seems in Blair County now, after almost five years have passed since the most recent comment.

I myself am relatively new to entering the firearms community and haven't exactly been following the local 2A landscape for very long. Not looking to get any NFA items at the current moment, but I would really appreciate knowing if the situation has changed at all. For some reason, I can't find a list of sheriffs for Blair County, so I'm not even sure if the sheriff has changed since this thread started, let alone if CLEO's have turned away or toward signing for Form 1's and 4's since 2015.

Also, the cynical tone prevailing in this thread makes me question why Blair County is listed as an NFA-friendly county.
    Don't ask me about Eat'n'Park's chicken parm.

Quote Originally Posted by Espaguetis View Post
    I wanted to post in this thread to ask on how the NFA landscape seems in Blair County now, after almost five years have passed since the most recent comment.

I myself am relatively new to entering the firearms community and haven't exactly been following the local 2A landscape for very long. Not looking to get any NFA items at the current moment, but I would really appreciate knowing if the situation has changed at all. For some reason, I can't find a list of sheriffs for Blair County, so I'm not even sure if the sheriff has changed since this thread started, let alone if CLEO's have turned away or toward signing for Form 1's and 4's since 2015.

Also, the cynical tone prevailing in this thread makes me question why Blair County is listed as an NFA-friendly county.
    ATF changed the rules. You no longer need the CLEO signature.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast