Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Default Re: New Blair County Sheriff: NFA friendly?

haha...WTF, how the the hell is Lt. Krug able to sign these? He's not the chief?? geeez

He's my cousin,...if I would have known he could sign these I wouldn't have even participated in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Franky4Fingers View Post
    haha...WTF, how the the hell is Lt. Krug able to sign these? He's not the chief?? geeez

He's my cousin,...if I would have known he could sign these I wouldn't have even participated in this thread.
    CLEO's may designate other signers within their office.

On another note, trusts are the wrong choice for most people starting out with NFA firearms. Direct ownership is the simplest, best choice for nearly everyone who can get a CLEO signature. If you want to share ownership, or you've exhausted the eligible signers in your jurisdiction, then an LLC is probably your best bet.

If you have a comprehensive estate plan that covers your house and cars and savings and stocks, then maybe you'll want to include your NFA toys in that comprehensive planning. If you're 25 years old, then maybe you want to live your life instead of placing your assets into probate bypass devices for the next 60-70 years.

Another question comes up from time to time: none of these will make you an FFL and eliminate the tax stamp or allow you to own post-samples. An LLC, corporation or trust is a non-SOT "person" just like you are. You still have to file Forms 1 and 4, you still pay the same tax, you still are limited to firearms that may be owned by the general public. You just skip the fingerprints, photo and CLEO signature. If you want the benefits of being an FFL, you have to get an FFL (and become an SOT) and get into the business.

(Blair County)

Anybody remember the name of the guy who ran against Cooper?
    USAF Security Police

(Blair County)

Has anyone gotten any forms signed yet? Some of my specific questions to the current sheriff when i met him at his stand in the convention center was,

A. do you support open and concealed carry
    B. Do you have a problem with ownership and signing off on NFA forums.

While i can't remember his answers word for word, i can tell you he supported both issues at that time.

Kinda distressing since i have been meaning to pick up a m4-2000 for my ar. Might be time to pay him a visit and call bullshit on him if he lied to my face.
    I can take an assbeating like its nobodys business" - Doug Bryant

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAallterrain View Post
    Has anyone gotten any forms signed yet? Some of my specific questions to the current sheriff when i met him at his stand in the convention center was,

A. do you support open and concealed carry
    B. Do you have a problem with ownership and signing off on NFA forums.

While i can't remember his answers word for word, i can tell you he supported both issues at that time.

Kinda distressing since i have been meaning to pick up a m4-2000 for my ar. Might be time to pay him a visit and call bullshit on him if he lied to my face.

When did you have this conversation with him? I will be stopping at the Dept next month to renew my Permit. If he is present, I will respectfully ask him a couple questions concerning Form 1's and Form 4's, and I will report back to this thread.
    USAF Security Police

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by GLHX2112 View Post
    When did you have this conversation with him? I will be stopping at the Dept next month to renew my Permit. If he is present, I will respectfully ask him a couple questions concerning Form 1's and Form 4's, and I will report back to this thread.
    This would of been in 09 at the Altoona Convention Center when they had there yearly sportsman show. Myself, Tiffany and my mother went in to look around and we stopped to talk to both the Candidates for sheriff.

The elections where coming up and i really had no idea who to vote for. I had the exact same discussion with both Candidates, as well as other plans for when they got into office and it was at that time i made the decision to vote for our current sheriff. I was extremely happy he won, but on the flip side i got a form signed off right before Larry left office just to be safe (YHM stainless mite). Since then i haven't been messing around with too much NFA stuff, but i am ready to pick up another suppressor now as i would like to start shooting some 5.56 without hearing protection.
    Last edited by PAallterrain; January 8th, 2011 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Terrible grammar
    I can take an assbeating like its nobodys business" - Doug Bryant

(Blair County)

Here we go again.

Elections will be in May, and, Our "Gun Friendly" Sheriff will be running for office, again, as reported by the local news radio station on 3 Jan. Time to make him work for this one. Hopefully somebody else will be running for his office.

In light of recent events I am really curious about his thoughts on approving NFA items for us mere citizens.

It's been about 8 months since I last talked to some of the local gun shops to see if there had in fact been any changes to his policy of refusing to sign off on Form 1 & Form 4's. As far as I know he has not changed his policy. I will be attending any and all debates or meetings and I will be respectfully asking him and any other candidates questions concerning their opinion on gun rights and policies. If Mr Cooper has changed his mind, that would be great and he will have my full support.
    Last edited by GLHX2112; January 4th, 2013 at 08:32 PM.
    USAF Security Police

(Blair County)

I wonder what all you have to do to run for sheriff? I might like that job. I have no experience in law enforcement though... I WILL sign all of your Form 1's, 4's and whatevers!

(Blair County)

Any updates on this? I am getting ready to start down the path of buying a suppressor.

(Blair County)

No updates if you want to use Cooper as your CLEO sign off, he will not do it.
    USAF Security Police

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast