Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default 80's P.O.F. 2z 9mm ?

Good? Bad? Run? Hide? Seek shelter? Buy all of it?

Not a lot of info on this. From what I have found so far it comes in two flavors. 1Z and 2Z.

Evidently 1Z is typical pistol ammunition, and 2Z is SMG ammunition and both hotter and has harder primers.

I've seen vague references to it when IMI surplus 9mm is being discussed. But a mix of responses, much like the mix of responses you get with anything on the internet. Some people swear it's super powered god ammo that will blow up your gun, and other people say 1/4 rounds will FTF.

So far from what I have gathered POF = Pakistan Ordinance Factory and the 2Z is probably hotter than your average 9mm. And it is the ammo I have found.

Does anyone know anything about this particular ammunition, or have personal experience with it? Not interested in theories or guesses. Unless they are informed ones.

Thanks!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: 80's P.O.F. 2z 9mm ?

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus6 View Post
    Good? Bad? Run? Hide? Seek shelter? Buy all of it?

Not a lot of info on this. From what I have found so far it comes in two flavors. 1Z and 2Z.

Evidently 1Z is typical pistol ammunition, and 2Z is SMG ammunition and both hotter and has harder primers.

I've seen vague references to it when IMI surplus 9mm is being discussed. But a mix of responses, much like the mix of responses you get with anything on the internet. Some people swear it's super powered god ammo that will blow up your gun, and other people say 1/4 rounds will FTF.

So far from what I have gathered POF = Pakistan Ordinance Factory and the 2Z is probably hotter than your average 9mm. And it is the ammo I have found.

Does anyone know anything about this particular ammunition, or have personal experience with it? Not interested in theories or guesses. Unless they are informed ones.

Thanks!
    I thought I've read that they are not a consistent bunch. Kind of like the surplus Egyptian 7.62x39. I just can't remember where I've read it. It might have been over at theakforum.net

Sorry, that's all I can offer.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

(Luzerne County)

Here's another thread discussing P.O.F. ammo. From the OP's personal experience, I'd want to stay away from it.

http://forum.pafoa.org/ammunition-re...ge-report.html
    loose≠lose; you're=you are; 'your' shows possession.

(Allegheny County)

That does not look promising. I am no longer interested.

Thank you!

(Allegheny County)

Just an update because I did buy a few boxes to try when I originally posted this. I was more concerned with not buying a LOT of it if it turned out not to be so great.

This stuff is fine. It uses hard primers but aside from that fires without issue. It is also probably corrosive, and at minimum uses mildly corrosive primers. (It stinks) Accuracy was not bad and I did not have any FTF out of the few boxes I fired.

I upgraded my striker spring to a 6# unit (from 5.5#'s) previous to firing any of this and it made a noticeably shallower impression than typical commercial ammunition. (CCI / WWB, SPEER etc) But it was way more than necessary to ignite every single round without issue or any kind of delay etc. Cases did not exhibit any signs of weakness even in the unsupported chamber of the Glock. But did change shape enough I would not reload them after firing them from a Glock. There was not a lot of inconsistency between rounds, and they were not super hot either.

So the only reason I would not buy this stuff is if your weapon cannot produce a solid hit in a hard pistol primer.

(Allegheny County)

I've now put the "pin" to about 250rds of this stuff without a single FTF or FTE or feeding issue. All through a Glock 26.

I did shoot some around dusk and it is definitely not WWB... it shoots a 12" fireball from the 3.5" barreled Glock. So it probably is +P but it's not nearly as snappy as Speer 124gr +P gold dot.