Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Should I sell it...and for how much? [Converted Saiga]

I converted a 7.62 Saiga Carbine last year and I've only put 20 rounds through it[pre-conversion] and it hasn't left my home since I finished it...maybe I should sell it so someone else can enjoy it.

It has:

Tapco G2 trigger group
    K-Var Warsaw length buttstock
    K-Var Pistol Grip
    AK-74 piston
    Dinzag Bullet guide[flat trunnion]
    2 brand new Korean mags

(Carbon County)

Default Re: Should I sell it...and for how much? [Converted Saiga]

Quote Originally Posted by seoulstice View Post
    I converted a 7.62 Saiga Carbine last year and I've only put 20 rounds through it[pre-conversion] and it hasn't left my home since I finished it...maybe I should sell it so someone else can enjoy it.

It has:

Tapco G2 trigger group
    K-Var Warsaw length buttstock
    K-Var Pistol Grip
    AK-74 piston
    Dinzag Bullet guide[flat trunnion]
    2 brand new Korean mags
    I would keep it. It sounds Like you've gotten it just the way you want it. Why sell it now and regret it later? Have you thought about adding an Ace folder (way nicer than the tapco). You could put the Ace conversion stock trunnion in, add the hinge assembly, and maybe a Tromix stock. Ace also has the Galil pistol grip, which works (and looks)nice.

(Lancaster County)

Did you convert it to take regular AK handguards? That'll be a big sticking point for a buyer.

If you didn't, and don't want to, then just keep it. The market is crap right now. Especially for AK's that aren't fully converted.

If you did do that, and really don't want it, then I'd bet (you asked how much) it would sell for around $550 privately.

During the craze, converted Saigas were going for a lot more, mainly because they were all that was available. Now that WASR's and other cheap AK variants are back on shelves, it's hard to command a premium price--even if the gun is of a more valued make.

I'd bet you've got more than $550 in that gun, considering everything came from K-Var. It sounds like you did a quality conversion, but when WASR's can be had for under $400, and the economy is bad, it'll be hard to get a buyer to go for it at a higher price.

(Montgomery County)

I would only sell a gun to free up funds to buy another gun, unless you are in dire need of money. Otherwise hang onto it, at very least you could use it as a trade down the road.

It may be a tough sell if you want top dollar. As mentioned before the Obama-panic of last winter was a good time to sell. There could be another panic but not anytime soon. Be prepared to take a loss on it.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Warsaw Pact View Post
    I would only sell a gun to free up funds to buy another gun, unless you are in dire need of money. Otherwise hang onto it, at very least you could use it as a trade down the road.

It may be a tough sell if you want top dollar. As mentioned before the Obama-panic of last winter was a good time to sell. There could be another panic but not anytime soon. Be prepared to take a loss on it.
    +1

I agree
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF