Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Radnor Township Considering Mandatory Reporting of Lost or Stolen Firearms Could

Quote Originally Posted by son of the revolution View Post
    Regarding response #2 . Ask that " gun owner " to explain in DETAIL , exactly how it will help ? If the ordinance, as all of them do, imposes a requirement to report the theft of the firearm AFTER the owner realizes it, what if the owner doesnt realize it for several days, a week , a month long over seas work assignment ? Since the gun hasnt been discovered to be stolen yet , it wont be in the system as such , and even if its recovered at an actual crime, it wont turn up as a stolen weapon because it hasnt been reported, because the owner doesnt yet know it was stolen, so theres nothing to report!

How EXACTLY is it going to " protect us " and from what ?

Why in this officials mind is it ok to support blantantly ILLEGAL regulations, in violation of their sworn oath of Office to uphold, protect and defend the Constitution of PA and the US ? What kind of example are they setting as " leaders of their Communities " by behaving in such a manner ? That its ok to make a promise/swear an oath and then turn around and break it because you feel you have a good reason to ?

If thats the case , then why should any citizen ever trust or believe any other "promise " that official utters ?

The bottom line is CeaseFire PA has publicly pitched this as a "common sense " measure to go after straw buyers , who get away with their crimes by reporting the gun stolen after its recovered at a crime and the police come looking for them. If CeaseFire PA is so concerned about effective measures to combat straw buyers , while leaving " law abiding gun owners alone " then WHY have they been SILENT about the City of Philadelphia DA's Office plea bargaining away a MINIMUM MANDATORY ten year sentence for a confessed straw buyer and letting her skate on house arrest and probation?

I will extrapolate and send to official.

Damn, SOR, your good at this!

Want to come to a meeting, beers on me!!!
    Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Amen. **PROUD III**

(Berks County)

Default Re: Radnor Township Considering Mandatory Reporting of Lost or Stolen Firearms Could

Quote Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post
    This PDF has a LOT of good info in it:

http://www.easternpafc.org/reps/wmifflin_stolfer.pdf

check that out. it's loaded with great info.

(Delaware County)

I live in Radnor and I'll get messages out to all of the commissioners.
    Unfortunately, I'll be out of town on the night of the 8th and can't go to the meeting.

I have OC'd in the township building before without any issues.

(Philadelphia County)

Sorry, I've been visiting friends in New York.

I will be at this meeting I just wanted to know how many other members will be?
    Does anyone know if we can carry in the Radnor Municipal Building? Or will we get thrown in jail? I'd like to see a good showing of gun owners Open Carrying to show them that they are facing a large group of determined citizens.

Also, if anyone wants an easy way to explain why this Lost and Stolen Legislation are un-American, illegal and have no place within a Civil Society...here is a link to an article I thought was very educational. I used it to explain to some of my friends the dangerous and ills of this type of legislation.

Remember:

The next meeting of the Radnor Township Board of Commissioners is scheduled for Monday, February 8 at 7:00 p.m. It will be held at the Township Municipal Building located at 301 Iven Avenue in Wayne.

Here is the link to the article:

http://www.examiner.com/x-2581-St-Lo...ctims-of-crime

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by amagi View Post
    Does anyone know if we can carry in the Radnor Municipal Building? Or will we get thrown in jail? I'd like to see a good showing of gun owners Open Carrying to show them that they are facing a large group of determined citizens.
    I've OC'd in the building before without any issues.

(Bucks County)

Wow, only a day old and already a great reaction to this. I would ask folks to consider, however, that it might be a more prudent course to carry concealed to any public meeting. You want the story to be about Lost and Stolen, and keep any media that shows up focused on that. Don't let the media focus only on the openly carried guns and muddle your message. The message needs to be that "Lost and Stolen" is a violation of state law, per the Attorney General's opinion, and has not been used to prosecute criminals in any of the municipalities that have past it.

I support your right to open carry, but I would be cautious about letting the media focus on that and ignore your actual message. It will also be taken by non-gun people as an intimidation tactic.
    Snowflakes in Hell Blog
    Where There's Snow, There's Firepower
    http://snowflakesinhell.com

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Ricca View Post
    You can expect this to spread to many municipalities. We need to sue a city or two to get this stuff stopped.

Please help support the law suit.

http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...ease-help.html
    One member of the board asks, in the video, basically can anything in the proposed ordinance come back and bite the township in the ass. The ceasefire guy says it's already been enacted in 24 municipalities around the state and that Philadelphia has been the target of one lawsuit and the statued has been upheld as a valid exercise of the police power, then he goes on to say, "atcually there were more narrow grounds, it was a standing question and the plaintiffs were held to not have standing, but in my judgement I don't think there is a risk to the township because so many other munipalities have done this" He is then asked if anyone has challenged any of those other ordences based on state pre-emption
    laws and the ceasefire guy says "oh yes" and twists the words to tell how this ordnance is different and somehow doesn't fall under pre-emption.

Quote Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post
    What time in the video does the L&S discussion start?

I can only view it in Internet Explorer, and if I seek at all I lose the audio.
    Once you open the page the video is on click the link that says open in stand alone player, then you can seek and retain the volume. The part you wants starts around 1:46 on the countDOWN meter.

(Delaware County)

I'm trying to take a half day of work to make it out for this meeting. lets get more exposure for this! post it on facebook, twitter, blogs, etc!
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Delaware County)

I have had some back and forth with aninluential comissioner. He is at least receptive and looing for info. He asks this question: "Do you know if any of he 19 (or 24) PA municipalities have had callenges to the ordinance and why the challenges were dismissed?"

Anybody have any good info on this???
    Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Amen. **PROUD III**

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kb! Bob View Post
    I have had some back and forth with aninluential comissioner. He is at least receptive and looing for info. He asks this question: "Do you know if any of he 19 (or 24) PA municipalities have had callenges to the ordinance and why the challenges were dismissed?"

Anybody have any good info on this???
    It is truly my understanding that there has been no challenge to this illegal ordinance, because NO ONE has been charged with this "crime"!
    The NRA and others are waiting for a charge to be posted so they can come sweeping in and suit on the preemption clause of the PA Constitution!
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast