Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Cabelas Hamburg

Default Re: Cabelas Hamburg

Quote Originally Posted by pa350z View Post

It is sad what has happened to our country as a result of lunatic actions with propaganda spewed and magnified by the leftist main stream media.

Thats all.
    Maybe, or maybe this will be just what the 2nd needs. I know people who never thought twice about firearms in the past going out and buying guns now. I know it sucks for people who are use to getting the gun they want when they want it, but more people are going out and buying guns now. Hopefully as more newbies buy guns, they will take things to the next level and think "wow, I have a gun now, I need to learn how to use it, I also want to make sure I don't lose the right to lose it".

Also what better way to send a message to the government that the people do not want to have their 2nd amendment rights limited than pointing to the current run on guns and saying "this is what America is about, the right to own guns, don't limit that right, we are paying attention, we do care". Look at all the NICS checks. Look at the number of people applying for CC permits.

Yes the lack of guns and prices suck for us, but the overall message of what is happening could be a good thing. At least I hope so.

(Berks County)

I was there last week. Horrible. They have nothing! My LGS has more available!
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Chester County)

Was just there today, Firearms counter was three deep to look at nothing, unless you wanted a $1200 1911. Depressing.

(Montgomery County)

Funny how you mention "Russ".

I'll have to confirm when I get home, but I think he's the guy who waited on me when I picked up my first 91/30 there.

It was pretty crappy, but he didn't seem to want to get more from the back for me to look through. First he tried showing me their display 91/30. I asked him "is this the one I'd be buying?" His response was "no", so I asked him why I'd want to look over that one.

Having done a decent amount of research, but never having one before, I checked the rifling, checked to see if it was counter-bored, and how sloppy the bolt was. I decided to take it, even though it wasn't in the best of shape so that I had one to tear down, clean, and inspect for experience sake.

My brother got down there about 30 minutes later to buy one and happened to get the same guy. He asked for a 91/30, and while he was looking at it, the guy says "yeah, I just had a guy in here buying one acting like he knew what he was doing". My brother said "yeah, that was my brother". The guy back-pedals and says "oh...umm...no, that wasn't your brother". My brother then says "yeah, it actually was". The guy: "Uhhh..no, I don't think so".

Unfortunately, when I went down to buy the second one the guy wasn't working. I was looking forward to talking to him.

I realize that they're busy, but between not wanting to be bothered letting you look through a couple, and shit-talking their customers, I prefer not to buy from them unless its the only place I can get it.

I'm sure that some of their employees are great, but I was less than impressed with the last two I've dealt with.

(Schuylkill County)

Consider Cabelas the Walmart of sporting goods stores. I like going there to look at stuff and occassionally buy things but, as far as customer service, they suck. You should not expect anything more. Go to Dunhams, Dicks, or any big box sporting good store and you will get the same service. The people are not payed to give good service. They are payed just to stock shelves and hand you guns. Thats it. If you want respect, good service, knowledgeable people, information that is accurate or to be treated like a person and not like a walking, talking dollar sign GO TO A GUNSHOP!!!!! If you want cheap guns (occassionally) and don't care what you have to put up with to get it, then go to Cabelas, Dicks, Dunhams or any other place like it.

(Chester County)

I've had good experiences at the Cabelas gun counter and I've had bad experiences. Sometimes I get the guy that loves his job, wants to talk my ear off, shows me what I wanted, then says, "Ok, now take a look and hold this one and see what you think." Then I've had the guy that is just putting his time in and counting the hours until he can punch out. He doesn't even want to talk or have any knowledge whatsoever about the firearm he's handed me. I've been so frustrated, that I made it a point to tell the manager about the crappy service I received.

Even with that said, I've had the same type of experience at LGSs. It's all hit or miss. Cabelas gets a bad rep because their so large and well known.

Error on my part. Carry on...
    Last edited by joseywales; March 4th, 2013 at 11:34 AM.
    Honey, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them.

(Berks County)

Just there today. Having a sale on buckshot 12 ga and had plenty of it. Also still plenty of 7.62x39 but at 7.49 a box. Still better than what some people are asking for on the classifieds. Had a decent amont of .40 cal 10mm and 17 hmr. Nothing else really to speak of.

(Lehigh County)

Had a backorder for 800 rnds of .223 since 12/20/12. Got an email from Cabelas saying they just canceled the order due to no stock any time soon. For my inconvenience, they're sending me a $25 gift card.

(Schuylkill County)

I was just here and purchased a Wyndham AR for $999. They had 8 in stock about an hour ago and a few other ARs between $999 - $1500. Was also able to get 100 rnds of pcm 5.56.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast