Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Thumbs up Charter Arms - old style

Here's a couple pics of a few of the "old" Stratford Conn manufactured Charter Arms revolvers. These are an excellent value in the used gun market. I've shot all of these and they work without flaws. If you're in the market for a reliable and cost effective revolver, you owe it to yourself to look around for one of these.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 32 Magnum; October 24th, 2010 at 10:34 PM.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Charter Arms - old style

Nice, you don't get to see these often. I'm a big revolver fan.

Best regards,
    chalmitch
    "If you believe the term "militia" means the National Guard then you must believe that freedom of speech is reserved for the Government Printing Office." - Some guy, 2/2007

Thumbs up Re: Charter Arms - old style

A friend of mind I worked with back in the mid 80's carried the undercover 38 & loved it!!!! Not a bad lookin 2inch.
    "343" Never Forgotten

(Dauphin County)

I actually own an Undercover .38 that is older then myself lol. Wonderful revolver.
    Quote Originally Posted by GOULD, Circuit Judge, concurring:
    Second, the right to bear arms is a protection against the possibility that even our own government could degenerate into tyranny, and though this may seem unlikely, this possibility should be guarded against with individual diligence.

(Centre County)

Just picked up a Bulldog Pug( 2.5 inch bbl) in 44 special yesterday. Put 80 rounds through it and am in love with it. I still wish they'd make the target version again with the newer one piece barrel /shroud they have now.

(Northampton County)

I've been tempted by a couple PUGS lately, the next CA I buy will probably be either the .44 or a .357.
    I just plain enjoy shooting these guns, especially the TARGET BULLDOG 44. A friend of mine had a 3" Bulldog 44 and I fired it a few times, back in the mid 1980s. I swore that if I ever had the opportunity and the money at the same time, I would get myself one. Well, that happened two years ago at the Forrest Lodge VFW gunshow, and then I just had to have the other four to keep it company. Most recent purchase was the TRACKER .357mag. These guns, with the narrower 5 shot cylinders and fairly light weight, make excellent CCW! Sportsmansguide has TRITON QUIKSHOK .44 Spl ammo. I bought four 50 rd. boxes and have fired 1/2 of one. Very NICE feel and you get the benefit of a high speed "frangible" bullet in a decent caliber. Check it out.
    Last edited by 32 Magnum; October 24th, 2010 at 10:38 PM. Reason: corrected spelling

(Delaware County)

I have an "Undercoverette" in .32 S&W Long. I've never seen another. If the collector market ever takes off on CA revolvers, I'm sitting on a gold mine.

I've owned a factory nickel Charter Arms Bulldog (Bridgeport, Conn.) for many years. It was purchased NIB from a firearms dealer (Dave's Gun Shop) in Nederland, Texas in about 1975. I had a blued Bulldog in 1974 when I was a hospital security guard. When I changed jobs I sold the Bulldog. Then, I realized that the Bulldog made a heck of a house gun. After all, wasn't it created for the sky marshal program? So, I went out in search of another. I stumbled upon the factory nickel version. It probably has fired less than 500 rounds. My wife says it's her gun. Yeah. Sure, baby. Whatever. Anyway, I contacted Charter Arms by email some years ago to check on the year of production. The reply email didn't advise a production year. But, the lady who responded to the email said that the Bridgeport Charter Arms facility had difficulty with the fit of their nickel guns. She said they would send out the blanks and after plating the parts didn't reassemble well. It seems the nickel plating was too heavy. That said, she advised that very few factory nickel Bulldogs were produced due to the heavy plating issue and trouble with re-assembly of the revolvers. So, if you have a factory nickel Charter Arms, you have a rare bird. Hang on to it.

(Northampton County)

Scrounger,
    That is good information about your Nickel plated Bulldog. I've not seen many examples of plated pieces and what you've posted would help explain that fact.
    Would you share your serial number for research purposes. If so, you can e-mail it directly to me at: bobell01@aol.com.
    Thanks,
    Jim
    Jim Hauff H&R Collector In memory of my friends Bill Goforth and Jim Ritchie.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    I have an "Undercoverette" in .32 S&W Long. I've never seen another. If the collector market ever takes off on CA revolvers, I'm sitting on a gold mine.
    IMASHOOTER,
    Not many of those around. I have a six shot UNDERCOVER chambered for the .32 S&WLong, which I found on the internet a couple years back. Is yours marked "UNDERCOVERETTE"? Would you share the serial number and barrel address for my research data? If so, you can contact me directly at my e-mail: bobell01@aol.com
    Thanks in advance,
    Jim Hauff

OOOPS, didn't notice the 2007 date of posting. Oh well, if IMASHOOTER sees this, I would still like to have the info.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 32 Magnum; October 24th, 2010 at 11:03 AM.
    Jim Hauff H&R Collector In memory of my friends Bill Goforth and Jim Ritchie.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast