Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Yet another AR question.

Quote Originally Posted by chaotic View Post
    Its not a free float. I decided against it i was told for the best bang for my buck to get that one and its nice except it doesn't have any heat shields but its strong and doesn't move at all.
    not a lefty just haven't finished setting it up yet. I'm deciding if i should add a tacticool laser on the other side
    No, please, no no. Unless you are buying a Surefire laser....?

Its half the price of a LaRue for a reason...
    How pissed are you gonna be if you die before the Zombie Apocalypse comes? - - IANAL

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by das View Post
    I had asked about rails last week and many of you said YHM was quality and affordable. I do like the YHM Forearms but how hard is it t install a free float system can someone that is not even close to a gunsmith install or should it be taken to a pro?
    Yup, you can do that no sweat. Just get yourself a few taps, a upper vice block, and a good vice. Hell, if you want to you can even send it off to me and I can put it on for ya at no charge.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you have, is also big enough to take it all away.
    Gerald Ford.

Happiness is 5,000 rounds of match ammo.

(Centre County)

Xringshooter is installing YHM free float tube on my gun right now, and I'll tell you what - For the price, YHM makes good stuff.
    I'm very happy with quality, and finish of rail I got.
    Here is step by step how to install YHM ultra light free-float rail system

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=226782 (halfway down)

I know some people will tell you that YHM is so-so, but I honestly don't see what makes more expensive forearm made by others is any better
    (well, may be a LaRue 7.0.. I do like their indexing (anti-rotation) device that located on the upper receiver, and will not allow the tube to spin - But still think $250 is too much - I paid $110 for mine, and i can buy 10 tubes of locktite, and still be $100 cheaper then Larue)

If your going to install free float tube, be sure to think about if your going keep the FSB and Muzzle device, as it would be a great time for upgrade..
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mity2 View Post
    I know some people will tell you that YHM is so-so, but I honestly don't see what makes more expensive forearm made by others is any better
    (well, may be a LaRue 7.0.. I do like their indexing (anti-rotation) device that located on the upper receiver, and will not allow the tube to spin - But still think $250 is too much - I paid $110 for mine, and i can buy 10 tubes of locktite, and still be $100 cheaper then Larue)

If your going to install free float tube, be sure to think about if your going keep the FSB and Muzzle device, as it would be a great time for upgrade..
    I have the YHM rail - my only complaint about it is that it s big and fat. The others I've seen 'pinch in' on the sides more, which gives you more rail panel options without making the gun too fat up front.

(Chester County)

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...QsFnUZMkZNF2DQ

A lot of that info can be helpful in deciding what rail to purchase.

My rail ended up being the most expensive component on my carbine, but it also is what I hold for every shot, and what plays a huge role in how it balances and handles.

Buy once cry once.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12