Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: 1st Time I Saw Someone Open Carry

Quote Originally Posted by Lougotzz View Post
    He had to have a LTCF cause he got out of a car and OC is not legal in a car if you dont have a LTCF.
    Good point. You have prompted me to post this picture as a warning.

DO NOT carry in a car without a LTCF.

He also had to have a Pizza, you cant deliver pizza with out that!

I saw a biker the other day on 28 with a duty holster on and a glock... Braids in his hair and a patch on his sholder. I dont think it was a cop, maybe a rent a cop or some thing, was odd to see. Long hair in a braid a patch and a gun.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by brewguy View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen anyone OC. Honestly I think folks around here would run screaming.

I'm sure they would assume you are there to kill them, I mean why else would someone have a gun??

I actually open carry around Carlisle pretty frequently, and a few times up around Mechanicsburg. I didn't notice any strange looks, or people running from me. I think central PA would be a great place for more people to start open carrying of firearms so that it begins to be a normal, everyday occurrence.

brewguy, where do you shoot, I am always looking for more people to go to the range with?

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mileglock View Post
    I actually open carry around Carlisle pretty frequently, and a few times up around Mechanicsburg. I didn't notice any strange looks, or people running from me....
    I had the same fears as the OP. Most of the folks in PA I know that open carry also had these fears.
    The reality is people don't seem to care.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mileglock View Post
    I actually open carry around Carlisle pretty frequently, and a few times up around Mechanicsburg. I didn't notice any strange looks, or people running from me. I think central PA would be a great place for more people to start open carrying of firearms so that it begins to be a normal, everyday occurrence.

brewguy, where do you shoot, I am always looking for more people to go to the range with?
    I'm sure it is just my take on people. After the BB gun scare a few months back..

I don't actually shoot yet. I'm planning to get an XD 9 this year around Christmas so after that I will be looking to get out. I was planning to either hit the PGC range in Dillsburg or Dauphin. I might also check into some clubs around the area to see what they have to offer.

I'd be up for getting together once I have it.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by brewguy View Post

I don't actually shoot yet. I'm planning to get an XD 9 this year around Christmas so after that I will be looking to get out. I was planning to either hit the PGC range in Dillsburg or Dauphin. I might also check into some clubs around the area to see what they have to offer.

I'd be up for getting together once I have it.

There is also a PGC range in Carlisle Springs, off of 944. Nice facility and great people out there.
    Last edited by ChamberedRound; August 23rd, 2007 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Quote wasn't displayed properly due to typo in the quote tag

(Cambria County)

yeah as soon as the 1st rolls around my wife said i can get a OWB holster for my hip howitzer (5" 1911) and then i will be OC'ing around J-town, we will see how that goes, i have never seen anyone OC around here so who knows. if you guys here from fiveseven that some jarhead got picked up for having a gun on him you will know its me.
    USMC SGT
    UH-1N Crewchief

"I bring the death from above"

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC SGT View Post
    yeah as soon as the 1st rolls around my wife said i can get a OWB holster for my hip howitzer (5" 1911) and then i will be OC'ing around J-town, we will see how that goes, i have never seen anyone OC around here so who knows. if you guys here from NineseveN that some jarhead got picked up for having a gun on him you will know its me.
    SGT,
    Fixed that for you.

I can say that I've only seen OC on two occasions. (not counting my own recent adventures in OC)

First was when I was a kid. My father always wore his Ruger Blackhawk .357 Magnum on a leather "cowboy style" belt/holster when deer hunting "just in case". It was always out of sight, under his coat, but when I got my first buck, we stopped at Jamesway (anyone remember those?) on the way home because he wanted film for the camera. As he got out of the truck (no coat), I said "you can't go in there with THAT!" He simply replied "sure I can." and continued on his way.

The second is only a "technical" sighting, as I couldn't see it but my wife said "that guy who walked past us had a gun on him... right on his hip."
    She wasn't alarmed, just puzzled. That was several years ago, we were in a W-Mart.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Venango County)

It's pretty rural around here, I've seen it 3 or 4 times, mostly people hunting with Handguns. I was working at a small gas station and a guy came in with a big ol' revolver strapped to his side. No big deal, as it should be

Glock Pistols.......So simple a Caveman could fix them!

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    SGT,
    Fixed that for you.
    woops, damn nugget marines talking to me while i am typing, i will haze them laters, thanks for the help EM, yeah i was looking at a kydex paddle holster last night at Gander Mnt and was wondering if those are a good kind for OC, it was a Uncle Mikes Paddle Holster, i would love a Sepra but the price difference is a big factor for me. the UM is only 24 were as the Sepra is 50+ IIRC.
    USMC SGT
    UH-1N Crewchief

"I bring the death from above"

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast