Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Glock 17 Feed Problem

I am fairly new to the forum and I usually just stop in to read many of the interesting posts so hello all! I recently purchased a glock 17 and got to take it out and shoot it for the first time today. I put 200 rounds through it and it was flawless but I had a feed issue with one of the shells in the box. It got stuck on the feed ramp and would not completely chamber so I removed the magazine and ejected the shell reinserted the magazine and continued firing.

I then tried putting the same shell into the gun again to see if it would feed and the same thing happened. I was shooting Remington UMC 115 grain FMJs and I was wondering if anyone had a round that would not feed such as this one.

Thanks again I really enjoy the posts on the forum.

(Erie County)

Default Re: Glock 17 Feed Problem

On occasion. Last I remember was Fed AE 230gr. Wouldn't chamber in a Kimber or G30.

Quote Originally Posted by AJS84 View Post
    I was shooting Remington UMC
    There's yer problem. Probably it's just me, but Remington ammo & reloading components aren't my favorites.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Allegheny County)

i've shot tens of thousands of rounds of remington UMC and have only had two bad rounds (both noticeably set back out of the box).

however, i have heard of other people having issues with it.

at any rate, it sounds like there was just something wrong with that round, so, if it doesn't happen again, i wouldn't worry about it. if you carry the gun, though, i would personally run a couple hundred more rounds through it just for peace of mind.
    F*S=k

(York County)

If you had problems with one round (and the same round twice), it's not a Glock problem...it's an ammo problem.
    Without seeing the round,or comparing it to the other rounds out of the same lot, it's impossible to diagnose.
    And, since it's one round I wouldn't waste the time.
    So, AJS84, I suggest you get more ammo and shoot the G17. If you have any more feeding issues,then you may have a problem...but I doubt you do.
    Well, pushed 60 too hard so now I am the big SIX-OH. Now I can be a real pain in the ass! And, who says growin' old isn't fun!!

(Allegheny County)

"If you had problems with one round (and the same round twice), it's not a Glock problem...it's an ammo problem.
    Without seeing the round,or comparing it to the other rounds out of the same lot, it's impossible to diagnose.
    And, since it's one round I wouldn't waste the time.
    So, AJS84, I suggest you get more ammo and shoot the G17. If you have any more feeding issues,then you may have a problem...but I doubt you do. "

Spot on, old chap
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.