Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Elk County)

Default Re: Grice's Gun Shop

Quote Originally Posted by RocketFoot View Post
    Grice's Anniversary Sale will be next weekend (March 19, 20 & 21, 2010)

Should be a good time and hopefully some good prices! We will be on hand with Weapon Shield along with a bunch of other vendors.

Not to rain on the parade, but Grice's Anniversary Sale is known locally as "Tirekicker Hell Weekend."

To anyone here planning on going: Picture a gun show-sized crowd in a large gun shop, with maybe 12 clerks trying to service 50-75 customers, of which 80% are tirekickers. DO NOT expect to be waited on in a timely manner; allow at least 1.5 to 2.5 hrs if you want to ask to see a gun and then decide to buy.

I did the Anniversary Sale once, about 14 years ago and concluded that with the 45-min one-way drive it was 3 hrs of my life I'd never get back.

YMMV.

Noah

(Blair County)

If you have never experienced that event please go. You will witness the finest display of lack of teeth, hygiene, manners and over powering body oder one could ever imagine. Couple that with horrid customer service and rediculous prices and you have a bang up day.

NEVER AGAIN.
    And if you want to race, name the place and I'll show you where it's at mother f@#$&#!

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by LowCapacity View Post
    You must be talking about one specific shop on route 64. If you drive 10 minutes to Jersey Shore there's a shop that has way lower prices than Grice.
    My wife bought her M&P 9mm Compact from Nationals. But before She decided what she wanted we priced Several pistols. Grice beat national on all by around $30-$50. One was almost $100 cheaper. She did not like that one. We bought at Nationals because the people are much nicer to deal with and closer. This was with in the last 3 Months. Before the owner change during their going out of business sale my dad got his Judge $50 cheaper than mine But mine was an ulta-lite and it was 4 months later.
    Last edited by B2Luv2Hunt; March 10th, 2010 at 04:26 AM.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    Not to rain on the parade, but Grice's Anniversary Sale is known locally as "Tirekicker Hell Weekend."

To anyone here planning on going: Picture a gun show-sized crowd in a large gun shop, with maybe 12 clerks trying to service 50-75 customers, of which 80% are tirekickers. DO NOT expect to be waited on in a timely manner; allow at least 1.5 to 2.5 hrs if you want to ask to see a gun and then decide to buy.

I did the Anniversary Sale once, about 14 years ago and concluded that with the 45-min one-way drive it was 3 hrs of my life I'd never get back.

YMMV.

Noah
    Hell... That's a normal day with there only being 1(you) customer in the store.

Grices, by far, has the worst customer service I've seen in any type of store.

I think I've pull a transmission from a Monte Carlo SS and got the new one bolted back up in less time that its ever taken to just get a counter guy to come over to let me see a gun that I fully intended to buy.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post

My one and only experience with them was that way. I can't fathom why people keep going there.

(Lebanon County)

The one time I was there, almost 2 years ago, it wasn't very busy and the customer service wasn't bad at all. A rather pleasant experience. Good selection and the prices didn't look too bad. I didn't find what I was looking for but nobody tried to convince me that I wanted something that I didn't want.
    I know that my dad does business there and apparently hasn't had any problems, he's the type who will refuse to go back to any business if he's dissatisfied and Grice is nearly an hour drive each way for him. I know he's been doing business there since I was young and as you can see, that was a while ago.

I don't have a short temper, I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

I dealt with Grice Wholesale a couple of times back when I had my FFL. They were good to deal with, and I got a Browning Medallion Grade A-Bolt in .30-06 for $325.00 I believe. Mind you this was back in the 80's. The gun still shoots well under MOA and looks fantastic doing it. A bit like Pamela Anderson bending over to dip you an ice cream cone in short pants. Bill T.

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post

I think I've pull a transmission from a Monte Carlo SS and got the new one bolted back up in less time that its ever taken to just get a counter guy to come over to let me see a gun that I fully intended to buy.
    Don't ya just hate having money in hand and ya can't buy a gun?

I'll go to look but I'll buy elsewhere.
    The resident Saiga snob
    "You will never leave Harlan alive..."

Cabela's here is much the same. So much so they've put in a "Take-A-Number" system. Forget buying a gun on the weekend because you'll wait well over an hour. If you go during the week early in the morning it's not an issue.

I talked to one of the salesmen there and he told me that on the Black Friday after the election they sold 450 guns from open to close. They were lined up at the gun counter 3 to 4 deep all day long. Cabela's gun counter is at least 100 feet long. Bill T.

My vote is for Bob's Army Navy down the block. My wife bought a Browning HP from Grice and I bought a Springfield M1A and a Les Baer 1911 from Bob's, my shopping experience at Bob's was much more pleasant.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast