Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Grice's Gun Shop

I buy all the 40mm cans at Bobs
    They HOLD roughly 2200 rounds of 5.56 on strippers packed in bandoliers

I bought a WW2 mortar can there last month and It would probly hold about 8k of 5.56

I only go to Grices on days when I know nobody is there.

Ammo prices suck everywhere, that's what the inernets is for.

(Allegheny County)

Just bought an HK USP there last month--GOOD people. Prices were better than in the Pittsburgh area. I drove for 2 1/2 hours to get there and bought a new HK that they were selling here used for $20.00 more.
    NRA Life Member-NRA Range Safety Officer

(Huntingdon County)

My family has bought guns there, and I personally have bougth several guns there.
    What I have learned is to not go in there to ask advice. You will inevitably get steered towards something expensive. Go in with your homework done, show that you are knowledgable and you will get some more respect and not necessarily be pushed towards the high end price tags.
    Also customer service is take it or leave it sometimes. I have went in sometimes and had the guy bend over backwards to help me get what I needed, and other times I have been an "inconvenience" it seems.
    Prices on the guns are pretty good, the ammo - like others have said - is pricey.
    My last purchase there was from the used shotgun racks. Some idiot thought it would be a good idea to spray paint an entire mossberg 500 12ga in green and brown and black spray paint. Well since it looked like ass, and was caked in paint - $100 price tag, so it was mine.
    2 nights in my basement with acetone, and brake cleaner and it was looking brand new. Hardly a mark on it.

(Franklin County)

I too like to go there and fondle guns. Have never bought any there tho. I find their staff is pretty useless. Got some 380 ammo there last spring, only 380 I could find, so I paid their price. I have bought boots and hunting clothes there tho.

And yes, definitley go to Bobs when you are up there. Worth the walk (2 blocks or so).

(Centre County)

Just got back from a trip to Grice's and it was underwhelming. They were completely unwilling to negotiate and after I left I realized they over-charged me for ammo.

How can you advertise ammo in your flyer, have the advertised price posted right above the ammo, and still ring it up wrong? I partially blame myself for not doing the math correctly in my head, but it's that sort of stuff that'll guarantee I never go back there again.

(Indiana County)

The only time I hit Grices is when they are having a super sale, usually like once a year.
    The bad thing is that if you don't get there early, the good stuff is gone. I think they use the old bait and swith a little too much for my liking.

Like someone else said, you are looking at one thing and they keep wanting to shove a gun that is $250 more in your hand. I was looking at a used 629 DX and they guy is going on about a Performance Center one NIB for like $1300. I finally said, "look bud, I am looking at a $550 used gun here and if I had $1300 to spend on a new Performance Center gun I would have asked for one, now, if you want to continue to waste both of our time, I can leave and go look elsewhere, or we can get down to your bottom price on the gun I actually might buy".

Some of their used gun prices are decent, new gun prices are meh, the same as everywhere else in my area.
    Their ammo prices suck, period. And not all places gouge you for ammo either, you just have to know where the good shops are.

(Lycoming County)

I've been thinking about going there for twenty years, but about the time I plan on making the ride over someone says "don't waste your time". Sounds like it's not worth the ride. Never heard of the Army/Navy store before.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by DesertEagle View Post
    I've been thinking about going there for twenty years, but about the time I plan on making the ride over someone says "don't waste your time". Sounds like it's not worth the ride. Never heard of the Army/Navy store before.
    Make one trip to see what you think. Many negatives but the price of guns are lower than any where in my area. Go on line to there Web sight. Check out the prices.

Quote Originally Posted by B2Luv2Hunt View Post
    Make one trip to see what you think. Many negatives but the price of guns are lower than any where in my area. Go on line to there Web sight. Check out the prices.
    You must be talking about one specific shop on route 64. If you drive 10 minutes to Jersey Shore there's a shop that has way lower prices than Grice.

(Westmoreland County)

Grice's Anniversary Sale will be next weekend (March 19, 20 & 21, 2010)

Should be a good time and hopefully some good prices! We will be on hand with Weapon Shield along with a bunch of other vendors.

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast