Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Wexford State Game Lands.

I was off today so I thought I'd take a ride to find out exactly where the State Game Lands (Wexford) near me.

I drove out rt 910N to Mingo Road and then onto State Game Lands rd only to find that the range is closed until August 30th!!!

Just my luck.

Anyone know why its closed? They had a big earth mover digging into the hill side. Are they making the range large.....if so I think thats a good sign, at least for me.

Default Re: Wexford State Game Lands.

Dont know, maybe preparing for the hunters... You live in that area, there are 3 clubs that I know of right near there.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Allegheny County)

ALL the state gamelands ranges are currently closed.....someone recently started a thread about it. My best guess is that it would be for maintenance...Wexford is a pretty nice range to begin with.
    There are three kinds of people in this world....them what's good at math and them what ain't.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    Dont know, maybe preparing for the hunters... You live in that area, there are 3 clubs that I know of right near there.
    Actually I live in Allison Park but it is close.

(Allegheny County)

I think every year before hunting season they dress it up a little for the guys sighting in their deer guns and ect....

fullauto223

Don't make me angry, I might raise my FONT ON YOU

Quote Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
    Actually I live in Allison Park but it is close.
    You have 4 or 5 ranges relatively close to AP you might look into, I know where 4 are, I heard rumors of one slightly north of you, up from RT8 going towards buttler.

From the SGL, if you go towards 79, cross the over pass, there is a conveniance store, pass by it so you are paralel to 79 going north, you will see there a gun club about a mile down the road.

On 19N if you go into the Wexford/Warrendale business park, behind the old Lazy Boy bldg, you will also find a gun club there.

Maybe we can meet up some time, I can show you where these places are. I also belong to Ambridge Sportsmans. That would be like 10 min from the gamelands.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    You have 4 or 5 ranges relatively close to AP you might look into, I know where 4 are, I heard rumors of one slightly north of you, up from RT8 going towards buttler.

From the SGL, if you go towards 79, cross the over pass, there is a conveniance store, pass by it so you are paralel to 79 going north, you will see there a gun club about a mile down the road.

On 19N if you go into the Wexford/Warrendale business park, behind the old Lazy Boy bldg, you will also find a gun club there.

Maybe we can meet up some time, I can show you where these places are. I also belong to Ambridge Sportsmans. That would be like 10 min from the gamelands.
    Thanks, maybe we'll hook up. I first must de-program my liberal-anti-gun thinking wife about gun ownership.

(Allegheny County)

Thanks, maybe we'll hook up. I first must de-program my liberal-anti-gun thinking wife about gun ownership.

Bring her to group shoot.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Koli01 View Post
    Bring her to group shoot.
    She'd probably end up shooting me.

She'd probably end up shooting me.
    Naaa we are more professional then that, we would show her how to shoot the target... You hold it, she shoots it. Much more fun to see you sweat then bleed. Besides, she wouldnt want to do any thing criminal would she, this way we are almost assured she will want to come back.

But honest, the best place for a woman to start thinking guns are fun is at a shoot where there are other woman. There is nothing more satisfying for a woman to do then beat her lesser counterpart at shooting. The other thing is, she will learn the ever so popular phrase..." No man ever got shot in the back while doing the dishes.." and remind you of it often!!!

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Clint Eastwood

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast