Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Trying to put a shoot together with some new shooters, need a range near Philly.

I am trying to put a shoot together and get some members of an organization in no way related to shooting to go on a range trip. The problem is it has to be in or near philly and I need to find a range that will rent out blocks of lanes in advance, does any one have any ideas of where to call?
    -JL-

"There are many important issues, but the gun-hating psychos who would flush the Bill of Rights down the toilet have changed that for me. I would vote for a puppy-killing, football hating, incestuous Martian if I thought he would preserve and protect the Constitution from all enemies, both foreign and domestic." - obxned
    "Don't confuse my kindness with weakness"

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Trying to put a shoot together with some new shooters, need a range near Philly.

South Philadelphia Archery & Gun will accommodate you.

They have the nicest range in the history of the known universe.

The staff is mad cool as well.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Trying to put a shoot together with some new shooters, need a range near Philly.

Quote Originally Posted by JLStorm View Post
    I am trying to put a shoot together and get some members of an organization in no way related to shooting to go on a range trip. The problem is it has to be in or near philly and I need to find a range that will rent out blocks of lanes in advance, does any one have any ideas of where to call?
    Another option is www.classicpistol.com

They have three separate 5-lane bays, and rent out one of the bays for classes. Maybe they'll rent a bay for you for like an hour or two on some sort of special deal.

Then, if you have the bay to yourself, you might have a little more liberty to shoot from holster, etc.

It's worth a call.

(Bucks County)

Near which part of Philly? NE?

And what do you want to shoot? pistol, or rifle, or shotgun?

What kind of group?

What time of day/day of week?

If this can be viewd as "public service" or "promoting safe firearms ownership" we may be able to work a time in at an outdoor range in Langhorne, or even on the 8 position indoor range (ammo restrictions).

Give me a PM if this is the end of the City you are concerned about.

It's located about ten minutes further out than classic pistol, around the corner from St. Mary's Hospital.

LanghorneRodandGunClub.org

P

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    Near which part of Philly? NE?

And what do you want to shoot? pistol, or rifle, or shotgun?

What kind of group?

What time of day/day of week?

If this can be viewd as "public service" or "promoting safe firearms ownership" we may be able to work a time in at an outdoor range in Langhorne, or even on the 8 position indoor range (ammo restrictions).

Give me a PM if this is the end of the City you are concerned about.

It's located about ten minutes further out than classic pistol, around the corner from St. Mary's Hospital.

LanghorneRodandGunClub.org

P
    LanghorneRodandGunClub.org do they allow .50s?

(Luzerne County)

I am not sure of the time of day yet, I am assuming it will be a weekend day or weekday evening. My best friend and a buddy of his want to get a few new shooters together and introduce them to pistol shooting. I am just trying to help them find a range. I will be going with them and try to help out with safety, etc. but due to an unjury probably wont be shooting. I assume some of the people coming will have some handgun experience, but Im not counting on anything. I just figured I would help out to give a few younger (20 somethings) in philadelphia some experience with handguns and hope that next time they hear about "evil guns" they may not believe all they hear. I figure Id pass out some PAFOA stuff and NRA applications, might do some good...might not. I dont even know how many people will be coming yet, its just an idea my buddy and his friend had, but they do have a large group of people that plan events together so who knows.
    -JL-

"There are many important issues, but the gun-hating psychos who would flush the Bill of Rights down the toilet have changed that for me. I would vote for a puppy-killing, football hating, incestuous Martian if I thought he would preserve and protect the Constitution from all enemies, both foreign and domestic." - obxned
    "Don't confuse my kindness with weakness"

(Bucks County)

http://www.wicenshootingrange.com/

Wicen's is up in Buckingham - about 40min from Philly off of 95 at the Newtown exit. They have a long firing line w/ probably 30+ firing positions, so it probably wouldn't be difficult to have them set aside a block for your group. Joe often hosts events and may be willing to cut you a deal if you're bringing a good number of people.

(Delaware County)

Another option would be Double Action which is located in Yeadon, PA in Delaware County. Real nice facility, clean, safe area, lots of free parking and nice people.

DoubleAction
    611 Industrial Park Drive
    Yeadon Industrial Park, Yeadon, Pa.19050

Phone: 610-626-2995

http://www.doubleaction.org/portal/

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by shermdo View Post
    Another option would be Double Action which is located in Yeadon, PA in Delaware County. Real nice facility, clean, safe area, lots of free parking and nice people. [/url]
    A gotcha to keep in mind when selecting ranges, esp city ranges: some force you to buy their ammo (Double Action); some let you bring your own (CP).

If it's all newbies who have no ammo, this may be moot.

(Montgomery County)

How about Security Programs on Blakiston street (Northeast Philly)?
    - May the forCZe be with you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast