Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FREEDOM

Muhlenberg Township, just outside of Reading, Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)

Default FREEDOM

(Berks County)

Default Re: FREEDOM

JUST IN CASE SOME OF YOU MISSED THIS HISTORY CLASS!

United States Constitution

“We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.”

• Second Amendment: declares "a well regulated militia" as "necessary to the security of a free State", and as explanation for prohibiting infringement of "the right of the people to keep and bear arms."
    • Third Amendment: prohibits the government from using private homes as quarters for soldiers without the consent of the owners. The only existing case law regarding this amendment is a lower court decision in the case of Engblom v. Carey. [1]
    • Fourth Amendment: guards against searches, arrests, and seizures of property without a specific warrant or a "probable cause" to believe a crime has been committed. Some rights to privacy have been inferred from this amendment and others by the Supreme Court.
    • Sixth Amendment: guarantees a speedy public trial for criminal offenses. It requires trial by a jury (of peers), guarantees the right to legal counsel for the accused, and guarantees that the accused may require witnesses to attend the trial and testify in the presence of the accused. It also guarantees the accused a right to know the charges against him. The Sixth Amendment has several court cases associated with it, including Powell v. Alabama, United States v. Wong Kim Ark, Gideon v. Wainwright, and Crawford v. Washington. In 1966, the Supreme Court ruled that the fifth amendment prohibition on forced self incrimination and the sixth amendment clause on right to counsel were to be made known to all persons placed under arrest, and these clauses have become known as the Miranda rights.
    • Ninth Amendment: declares that the listing of individual rights in the Constitution and Bill of Rights is not meant to be comprehensive; and that the other rights not specifically mentioned are retained elsewhere by the people.
    • Tenth Amendment: provides that powers that the Constitution does not delegate to the United States and does not prohibit the states from exercising, are "reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Constitution

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by abpt1 View Post
    JUST IN CASE SOME OF YOU MISSED THIS HISTORY CLASS!

United States Constitution

“We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.”

• Second Amendment: declares "a well regulated militia" as "necessary to the security of a free State", and as explanation for prohibiting infringement of "the right of the people to keep and bear arms."
    • Third Amendment: prohibits the government from using private homes as quarters for soldiers without the consent of the owners. The only existing case law regarding this amendment is a lower court decision in the case of Engblom v. Carey. [1]
    • Fourth Amendment: guards against searches, arrests, and seizures of property without a specific warrant or a "probable cause" to believe a crime has been committed. Some rights to privacy have been inferred from this amendment and others by the Supreme Court.
    • Sixth Amendment: guarantees a speedy public trial for criminal offenses. It requires trial by a jury (of peers), guarantees the right to legal counsel for the accused, and guarantees that the accused may require witnesses to attend the trial and testify in the presence of the accused. It also guarantees the accused a right to know the charges against him. The Sixth Amendment has several court cases associated with it, including Powell v. Alabama, United States v. Wong Kim Ark, Gideon v. Wainwright, and Crawford v. Washington. In 1966, the Supreme Court ruled that the fifth amendment prohibition on forced self incrimination and the sixth amendment clause on right to counsel were to be made known to all persons placed under arrest, and these clauses have become known as the Miranda rights.
    • Ninth Amendment: declares that the listing of individual rights in the Constitution and Bill of Rights is not meant to be comprehensive; and that the other rights not specifically mentioned are retained elsewhere by the people.
    • Tenth Amendment: provides that powers that the Constitution does not delegate to the United States and does not prohibit the states from exercising, are "reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Constitution

I guess we can just pick and chose what we feel like following

Man, I'm not trying to be smart or anything, but whats the point of this post? I read your last one, refused to comment, theres too many immigrant threads already. You might not have seen them, but theres a few. I just hope for your sake this isn't something to prove a point to anyone who you might have been arguing with on the previous topic.

On the other hand, thats quite a wonderful set of rights, eh? 2nd one I enjoy quite a lot

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by abpt1 View Post
    I guess we can just pick and chose what we feel like following

BUT I WILL NOT SIT DOWN I WILL NOT WALK QUITLY AWAY......

YOU CAN DELETE MY POSTS YOU CAN EDIT MY THOUGHTS BUT I AM FREE AND YOU ONLY HURT YOUR FREEDOM BY INFRINGMENT OF MINE!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jsb889 View Post
    Man, I'm not trying to be smart or anything, but whats the point of this post? I read your last one, refused to comment, theres too many immigrant threads already. You might not have seen them, but theres a few. I just hope for your sake this isn't something to prove a point to anyone who you might have been arguing with on the previous topic.

On the other hand, thats quite a wonderful set of rights, eh? 2nd one I enjoy quite a lot
    I DONT LIKE BEING BULLIED OR TREATED LIKE A BAD GUY FOR MY PERSONAL THOUGHTS.........AND I REALLY DONT LIKE HAVEING MY POST'S DELETED BECAUSE SOMEONE DONT LIKE WHAT I HAVE TO SAY THATS CRAP!

Woo baby, I think you need somethin to settle them nerves of yours. All I was saying was this topic really has no point...pointless topics are usually called " spam" . Also, antagonizing isn't exactly the best move (which it damn sure seems this topic is meant to do). Therefore, I'd suggest you not do it anymore. We're here to discuss things, not pick fights

I told you I wasn't trying to argue with you, I wanted to give you advise. Now, I see you'd prefer it not be. Thats fine. I'll simply refrain from posting on any of your topics, unless they actually have a use. I'm not bullying you or calling you a bad guy... no idea where you got that from.

I'm done here.

The 1st amendment doesn't really apply to forums. That has been discussed many times, on many forums. A very quick search on Google will confirm this. What's your point?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jsb889 View Post
    Woo baby, I think you need somethin to settle them nerves of yours. All I was saying was this topic really has no point...pointless topics are usually called " spam" . Also, antagonizing isn't exactly the best move (which it damn sure seems this topic is meant to do). Therefore, I'd suggest you not do it anymore. We're here to discuss things, not pick fights

I told you I wasn't trying to argue with you, I wanted to give you advise. Now, I see you'd prefer it not be. Thats fine. I'll simply refrain from posting on any of your topics, unless they actually have a use. I'm not bullying you or calling you a bad guy... no idea where you got that from.

I'm done here.
    SORRY it seems like....... that i have no issue with you..... just venting NO Hard feelings JSB.........

(Westmoreland County)

Help! Help! I'm being repressed!
    I own guns!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast