Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pro Mag mags

(Allegheny County)

Default Pro Mag mags

After hearing all the bad things about Pro Mag I decided to order a couple for my P-6 Sig. I just came back from the range. Fired over 200 rounds through the Pro Mags. They functioned flawlessly. I realize that these are only single stack mags but I was impressed with the quality of them. They feel as well made as the origional mags. Just thought I would put this out as all I've heard is stay away from Pro Mags.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Pro Mag mags

I had the same experience as you.
    With factory mags being so expensive, I used the promags exclusively at the range. Hundreds of rounds later, not one hiccup.

In terms of magazines, the only bad experience I've had was with 1911 magazines, specifically "National Magazine" and "C-products" mags.

(Berks County)

I've used the Pro Mags in my Beretta 92 (double stack) with no problems at all......I've heard the same as you....supposedly they're junk, but they have worked for me!

(Jefferson County)

I can attest with about ProMag's for a Walther P99 - those are for junk. I cant say anything about the other models, but stay away from their P99 units.

I bought (3) of them for my P99 and you have to trim the follower, then you still fight getting the 14th round in the 15rnd mag. The 15th round is virtually impossible without the help of a 700lb gorilla, two professional wrestlers, He-Man, and six midgets.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Jefferson County)

I got 2 ProMags for my P6, and 2 for my dad's P6, and I will never, ever buy a ProMag product again. Every single ProMag had all kinds of problems, while the stock mags work flawlessly. They should go out of business selling magazines like that.

I'm glad to hear yours are working out for you. From what I've read about other peoples' experiences with ProMags in their P6's, you are quite lucky yours work.

As the posts show...they can be hit or miss. But, for the price - and used as a range mag - I buy them for some of my pistols. I would never ever use them for CC or when the SHTF though...

(Allegheny County)

I sold Pro-Mag magazines for years and only had two come back to me. In one case the fellow had bought the wrong mag. In the other case, it had something to do with some Rugers needing a different follower. A simple phone call and ProMag sent me enough replacement followers to retrofit my entire stock. Alas, I don't remember the details as that was over a decade ago and many brain cells have died.

ProMag always made the claim of a lifetime warranty.

Your experience may differ and one must always be comforable with one's magazines.

Thanks for the heads up on the warranty...I didn't know that!

The ProMag 7.62x39 mags I have work really well. I've never tried their pistol mags though.

(Centre County)

I hear that they are sort of "Hit n' miss"
    SOme have great luck, and some have no great luck with them..
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast