Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Chester County Range?

So it looks kind of scarce for Chester County ranges. Elverson, Kimberton and French Creek. Am I missing any?

(Chester County)

Default Re: Chester County Range?

You are missing a lot. Northern Chester County, Southern Chester county, West Chester Gun Club... there are a bunch. What did you want to shoot? The closest to Chester Springs would be Kimberton and they have rifle, small bore, archery, combat pistol, shotgun, and a 50 yard pistol range(which was closed for renovations last week when I went). Some clubs have long range rifle like New Holland, I believe. West Chester is shotgun only. It really comes down to what you want to shoot.
    Last edited by bigrdenu; January 26th, 2010 at 07:51 PM. Reason: punctuation

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigrdenu View Post
    You are missing a lot. Northern Chester County, Southern Chester county, West Chester Gun Club... there are a bunch. What did you want to shoot? The closest to Chester Springs would be Kimberton and they have rifle, small bore, archery, combat pistol, shotgun, and a 50 yard pistol range(which was closed for renovations last week when I went). Some clubs have long range rifle like New Holland, I believe. West Chester is shotgun only. It really comes down to what you want to shoot.
    I am right up the street from exton near 401 & 113

I am looking for a pistol range for now, probably a rifle range in the not so near future. Thanks for your help!

(Chester County)

Kimberton will work for you. They are rule intensive because they sit in the middle of a bunch of houses. I do not mind it much because it has the side benefit of keeping me safe from the gun store commando types. The "combat" pistol range is seven yards, and as previously stated the pistol range is 50 yards, and has backstops at 25. The combat range is full capacity, but the pistol range is limited to 5 or 6 rounds depending on who you talk to. The small bore range is 50 yards with I believe a 5 round limit, (i just check the sign when I shoot there because i forget things), and is limited to rimfire rifles, and slug guns/muzzle loaders. The rifle range is 100 yards and limited to 5 or 8 or something like that check the sign. They also have a shotgun range with a club thrower. You need to get a member to sponsor you, but that is not hard. Then attend a meeting. You will be told to come to a walk-through and you will have to shoot to prove you can handle a weapon safely. they ask you to bring a pistol and some ammo. I think it was 5 rounds I shot a .22.

According to their web site (http://www.kfga.net), Kimberton's membership has been closed for at least the past year.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by donm View Post
    According to their web site (http://www.kfga.net), Kimberton's membership has been closed for at least the past year.
    Due to the size of the club and proximity to the neighbors the club limits their membership to right around 600. Last year I think we had roughly 608. Previous years we've only had 400-500 depending. There was a huge jump in membership the last year.

Not everyone will renew. There will be open spots. Membership in Kimberton really goes until Jan 31st (the last day you can pay membership dues w/o penalty) which is why the website still says membership closed. This is also when we have a very good idea as to how many members we have and how many spots are open. It is also when they change the combo on all the locks (you get the combination with your membership)

If you are interested in joining please come out to the meeting Feb. 11th at 8pm and talk to the guys at the club. There are a bunch of good people there who would be happy to sponsor someone. It is a nice club for the money.

(Chester County)

The northern chester county range is pretty nice. ranges out to 150 yards. trap shooting range and indoor pistol range.

http://mysite.verizon.net/mulj/

theres also the west caln range

http://www.wcsportsmen.org/

Morgantown Rod & Gun no website
    $30.00 yr dues out door range up to 100yrs.
    "343" Never Forgotten

(Chester County)

The KFGA (Kimberton) Feb meeting was snowed out. If you want to join Kimberton come to the March meeting Thursday 3/11. KFGA has a dilemma regarding people who want to join- They want to limit the number of people yet there are hundreds of members on the books that shoot "once a year", and maybe 150 who use the club "often" (at least twice a month) They announced at the Nov and Dec meetings that they are going to resolve this soon. Part of that is allowing for the members that drop out by not paying their dues by Jan 31. If 30 don't renew, then they can admit 30 new. There will be a narrow window of opportunity. So this next meeting it is important for you to be there.

(Chester County)

West Caln Sportsman Club for one and there is Targetmaster in Chaddsford and Atglen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast