Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default I'm back (and with a positive but at first anti OC story!)

Hey guys it has been a long long time since i've posted here. I moved down to gun-town (cannonsburg) area. Great name

Anywho, I havent been OC much since its winter and I like to be as warm as possible but it was nice yesterday (with the exception of the rain) so I figured I would go for a run to wal-mart to buy a new Wii. OC adventures at wal-mart seem to always produce stories.

So I pull up to wal-mart with the woman and proceed to the front door. I knew it was about to go down as the older gentleman in charge of putting stickers on return items got out of his little chair and stared at me like he was about to be robbed at gun point.

Greeter: I'm sorry are you an off duty LEO
    Me: No sir, just need to get some pop and chips.
    Greeter: You cant come in here with that.
    Me: Sir i understand what you think is the store policy but I assure you I have spoken with your GM personally and it's his policy to follow state law.
    Greeter: well ok, but if you dont mind can i call over a manager.
    Me: thats absolutely fine with me.
    Manager: Hello sir what seems to be the problem?
    Me: Nothing at all this gentleman just wanted to make sure i was ok to go, I didnt want to get him into any trouble or anything.
    Manager: yes we fallow state law bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla
    ....bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla

any who i go about my shopping, just FYI they are still out of 9mm plinker ammo which is always frustrating.

I check out no one has really said anything yet.

I go to walk out the door and hear "have a very good day sir sorry about the mix up"

all in all it seems as though once he figured i wasn't a threat we were all ok

BTW it was the washington wal-mart at trinity point.

Which reminds me its not at all part of this forum but i got into a nasty argument at this same wal-mart over a greeter stopping me to view my receipt and telling me it was illegal to leave the store if i didn't show him my receipt....needless to say I kept walking. I had stuff in my hands, i was on the phone, and in a hurry.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: I'm back (and with a positive but at first anti OC story!)

Quote Originally Posted by GetITCdot View Post

Which reminds me its not at all part of this forum but i got into a nasty argument at this same wal-mart over a greeter stopping me to view my receipt and telling me it was illegal to leave the store if i didn't show him my receipt....
    this burns me.....once I pay for something I own it. If no alarm went off as I exited you can kiss my ass!...I've had these people physically watch me pay for something and still ask to see the receipt. very annoying. ( this only refers to when I go to walmart, which very VERY rarely happens!)

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    If no alarm went off as I exited you can kiss my ass!
    I don't even care if the alarm does sound. I know I didn't steal anything. I don't have time to let some person standing by the door check my receipt and bags every time I walk out of a store.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by unloved View Post
    I don't even care if the alarm does sound. I know I didn't steal anything. I don't have time to let some person standing by the door check my receipt and bags every time I walk out of a store.
    Exactly.

This very morning I was walking out of Best Buy with some RAM that I had just purchased. The alarm went off and I didn't even slow down.

Incidentally nobody chased after me either.

(Schuylkill County)

Yeah I've noticed the same thing with the alarms. They have become more of a deterrent it seems as nobody really pays any attention when they go off

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    this burns me.....once I pay for something I own it. If no alarm went off as I exited you can kiss my ass!...I've had these people physically watch me pay for something and still ask to see the receipt. very annoying. ( this only refers to when I go to walmart, which very VERY rarely happens!)

Those darn reciept Nazi's

Bought a DVD once that was in one of those boxes with the alarm attached. Checked out and they didn't remove the DVD from the box, it goes off as I'm walking out the door, (kinda knew it would)

So I'm standing there by the front door, which is right next to where the regional hotshots are in a office having a meeting with the store managers with this damned alarmed thing blaring in my hand waiting on the people from the back of the store to come and take it off....
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by unloved View Post
    right. I'll have a cart full of stuff and my 2 kids and they're like "can you come over here to the register please"...my response.."no Thank you,I'll wait right here for you to go disarm it and bring it back"

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by tdyoung58 View Post
    Bought a DVD once that was in one of those boxes with the alarm attached. Checked out and they didn't remove the DVD from the box, it goes off as I'm walking out the door, (kinda knew it would)

So I'm standing there by the front door, which is right next to where the regional hotshots are in a office having a meeting with the store managers with this damned alarmed thing blaring in my hand waiting on the people from the back of the store to come and take it off....
    I bought a few shirts at Tractor Supply a couple weeks ago. The lady was in the process of removing the anti-theft doohickies and I asked if I could have one. She thought I meant the 'removal tool'. i told her no I wanted the two part button tack thingie. She tells me she doesn't know why I would want it, but sure, have it. I put it in my daughters jacket pocket the next time we went to the mall. It has since made the rounds of all her little friends. They take turns slipping it into each others purses and pockets and such. It's a lot of fun!

Quote Originally Posted by AxiTech View Post
    I bought a few shirts at Tractor Supply a couple weeks ago. The lady was in the process of removing the anti-theft doohickies and I asked if I could have one. She thought I meant the 'removal tool'. i told her no I wanted the two part button tack thingie. She tells me she doesn't know why I would want it, but sure, have it. I put it in my daughters jacket pocket the next time we went to the mall. It has since made the rounds of all her little friends. They take turns slipping it into each others purses and pockets and such. It's a lot of fun!
    The devlish, trouble maker voice in my head keeps telling me to put one of those little magnetic strips in my wallet.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast