Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Springfield Armory Announces the XDm .45acp

I think the XD-M will be nice in .45, but not something that I just have to have. Sure they're match grade fitted barrels, but accuracy has never been a problem with mine. I have honestly shot 2 liter coke bottles at 100 yards with my XD-45 Tactical. I don't think I "need" any more accuracy, but it never hurts. Either way, there's no way that I'd sell my 100% reliable pistol to buy another that will probably be 100%. Since it costs more, slight increase in accuracy, and "probably" is a factor, I won't trade mine in. If I had some extra money laying around, I might just buy another though, lol . At shorter ranges (7 yards), mine just shoots one ragged hole; depending on how on I am that day the hole size varies (never much over 1.5"x1.5")

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat088 View Post
    I think the XD-M will be nice in .45, but not something that I just have to have. Sure they're match grade fitted barrels, but accuracy has never been a problem with mine. I have honestly shot 2 liter coke bottles at 100 yards with my XD-45 Tactical. I don't think I "need" any more accuracy, but it never hurts. Either way, there's no way that I'd sell my 100% reliable pistol to buy another that will probably be 100%. Since it costs more, slight increase in accuracy, and "probably" is a factor, I won't trade mine in. If I had some extra money laying around, I might just buy another though, lol . At shorter ranges (7 yards), mine just shoots one ragged hole; depending on how on I am that day the hole size varies (never much over 1.5"x1.5")
    Thats pretty much my feelings on it as well. I dont know that Ive shot as good as your talking about but thats just the shooter not the gun in my case. I have got groups that I could cover with a snuff can at short distances but thats pretty much all I care to have for a carry gun. More rounds would always be nice but come on if you cant hit a person sized target with 14 shots at 10 yds you should just get back on the short bus and sell every gun you ever thought about owning.

(Allegheny County)

I haven't paid any attention to Springfield XDs since before they had "Springfield" stamped on the side (they were just some Croatian gun that had cool, new features that the gun they "copied" didn't have), so excuse me for sounding stupid when I ask...
    did they not have a .45ACP in the linup until now?

And, no, I don't know what the "M" means either, except that it's a newer model.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I haven't paid any attention to Springfield XDs since before they had "Springfield" stamped on the side (they were just some Croatian gun that had cool, new features that the gun they "copied" didn't have), so excuse me for sounding stupid when I ask...
    did they not have a .45ACP in the linup until now?

And, no, I don't know what the "M" means either, except that it's a newer model.
    The Xd has come in a .45 for about 4 years I want to say. Now the XDm line up is getting the .45 sometime in the near future. The "M" models have a match grade barrel, new slide and frame design, interchangable back straps, and are higher capacity than the previous XD models. When the XD came out it was first 9mm and .40..... 2 yrs later they gave us the .45, thats the same thing they did with the new XDm models..... I think thats what you might have been looking for....

(Monroe County)

There is probably no real need to upgrade as Tomcat said from a 100% reliable gun, to another 100% reliable gun. I switched up from an XD9 service model to the XDm9 because I liked the extra barrel length, the capacity increase to 19+1, and the new aesthetic appeal. The triggers are better on the XDm models IMO. Logically there was no necessary reason for upgrading.

As far as the XDm 45acp is concerned, I wanted to buy my first 45 this year, and it just so happened SA announced the XDm 45 a few days ago. So now I know which 45 I'm going to buy this year.

Currently the XD tactical has a 13+1 capacity. What we're hoping for is an increase, something like 15+1. Which would make the XDm 45 a SERIOUS firearm. Nobody knows for sure, but the M models have been touted as the highest capacity handguns on the market, from the factory. I would only imagine the 45 will be reworked to follow suit.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Berks County)

Seen this in American Rifleman Today.

(Berks County)

I love my 5" XD45 Tactical. I'll be keeping it.

(Berks County)

Not giving up any of my other XDs but I might just have to complete the set.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Centre County)

Cool, but I'm perfectly fine with my 1911 with 2 - 8rd magazines...
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

Quote Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
    Wonder if they will bring it to the Sub-Compact line too?
    probably not.... didn't with the regular XD 45

But, The XD 45 Compact is a sweet enough gun as it is with the 4" barrel and the shorter frame... like mine.
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast