Went to the one near Wheeling, WV. I took the two crumb crunchers so they could see all the dead animals.

Really cool store. Huge selection of stuff. Prices weren't that great, though.

Saw the signs on the door about checking firearms for service, but not applying to CC/OC.

All the black guns were behind the counter...which kinda stunk. But, in their defense, I did see some moron drop a new rifle that he was trying to get off the rack on the sales floor. Egads.

The handgun counter was busy. I was checking out the new stuff...right next to two women buying a bi-tone XD. The guy behind the counter explained what was in the box...the gun, the manual, and two clips. Ugh.

All in all, it was a cool store. Good place to visit. Great place to blow money if you aren't looking for deals and have gobs of cash to unload.

---------------------------

On a side note, I checked out the WV laws on reciprocity and carry. I found the info from the Attorney General, who noted that WV is an open carry state, but law enforcement believes that only residents get to enjoy that mode of carry. Huh? Non-residents are stuck with CC.

Here's the text (from October 2009):

It is important to note that while West Virginia is an “open carry” state the ability to carry openly is deemed by law enforcement to apply only to West Virginia residents. West Virginia law enforcement’s interpretation of “open carry” is that the handgun must be visible from three sides.
http://www.wvago.gov/pdf/BookletWVFirearmLaws.pdf

So law enforcement gets to interpret law? It was incredibly odd to me that the AG would put that statement in HIS booklet. You'd think he would say what the law is...not that the LEOs determine what law is. Or that maybe he'd correct the LEOs about the law since he's the top cop.

To muddy the waters a little, he also has put out a gun brochure which states clearly:

While West Virginia is an “Open Carry” state, only residents of West Virginia may do so.
http://www.wvago.gov/pdf/brochures/2009_gunbrochure.pdf

This brochure is only dated 2009. It lacks the "LEO interpretation" section. Of course, neither states why non-residents can't OC...or how they would determine if an OCer is a resident or not. Do they intend on stopping every OCer to find out?

Odd.