Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thumbs up Re: Need advice about a speeding ticket...

Quote Originally Posted by 1713 View Post
    That’s my point. If someone drives faster than the speed limit then there is a greater risk to the insurance company and that is passed along in the form of higher premiums. Without getting into the argument that speed itself causes wrecks, let me put it this way. Two identical vehicles are traveling the identical section of road, one is traveling at 35 MPH and the other at 50 MPH. Each impacts the same tree. Which vehicle is going to be more expensive to repair and which ones occupants are going to have higher hospital bills? Which vehicle would you want to be in? This is why insurance premiums go up and I’m all for it, after all, it helps to keep mine down.

Hello 1713,

I can agree with your scenario, however I view the O P's problem as a Tax Collection Scheme.

I've been in too many Speed Zones, too many Scales, too many Safety Inspections, too many ... to simply view it as a means of ' Protecting the Public '.

I've seen Insurance Companies purchase Radar Units, Alcohol Detectors, Portable Truck Scales for police depts. ... seen Insurance Company lobbyists sway votes with our money to approve what should be Un-Constitutional stops ... sorry, but I have no sympathy for them.

Thanks to the Exeter Township Fire Police I refuse to Donate a dime to ANY fire department ... utilize the Fire Police to herd trucks into the shopping center DOT Check on 422 ... ain't nobody going to use my donation to help the Truck Nazi's steal money from me, won't happen.

As for Speeding ... contrary to Popular Published Belief, you can exceed the posted speed safely ... if you disagree with that notion, I'd ask how did the cop catch the fellow who was speeding ?

... the Training argument doesn't sit with me ... just look at some of their vehicles ... plenty of them utilize the ' Braille Method '

Sorry, I view them as Tax Collectors with a Gun in that situation ... there's too much Real Criminal Activity going on for me to justify the time and funds purposely spent on the subject.

By chance do you work in the Insurance Industry, or are your feelings genuinely yours regarding the subject .. I ain't tryin' to beat on 'ya, just askin' ?

Take Care 1713
    " For the left, Freedom IS a Fringe Idea "

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Need advice about a speeding ticket...

Quote Originally Posted by BanginBonnie2 View Post
    Hello 1713,

I can agree with your scenario, however I view the O P's problem as a Tax Collection Scheme.

I've been in too many Speed Zones, too many Scales, too many Safety Inspections, too many ... to simply view it as a means of ' Protecting the Public '.

I've seen Insurance Companies purchase Radar Units, Alcohol Detectors, Portable Truck Scales for police depts. ... seen Insurance Company lobbyists sway votes with our money to approve what should be Un-Constitutional stops ... sorry, but I have no sympathy for them.

Thanks to the Exeter Township Fire Police I refuse to Donate a dime to ANY fire department ... utilize the Fire Police to herd trucks into the shopping center DOT Check on 422 ... ain't nobody going to use my donation to help the Truck Nazi's steal money from me, won't happen.

As for Speeding ... contrary to Popular Published Belief, you can exceed the posted speed safely ... if you disagree with that notion, I'd ask how did the cop catch the fellow who was speeding ?

... the Training argument doesn't sit with me ... just look at some of their vehicles ... plenty of them utilize the ' Braille Method '

Sorry, I view them as Tax Collectors with a Gun in that situation ... there's too much Real Criminal Activity going on for me to justify the time and funds purposely spent on the subject.

By chance do you work in the Insurance Industry, or are your feelings genuinely yours regarding the subject .. I ain't tryin' to beat on 'ya, just askin' ?

Take Care 1713
    We'll all have our own opinions. I'm a little confused with some of the points in your post, though. What do you mean about "how did the cop catch the fellow speeding"? Is it a question of the how his speed was determined? Which training argument are you referring to and what is the braille method?

I'm not a fan of the insurance lobby but that's a subject for another time. On that subject...I don't work for an insurance company. These are my thoughts on the subject.

(York County)

ok, ok.

I made my decision on what to do. Thanks for all the input. I respect everyone's opinions on what to do.

I ask that we don't get into an argument about speeding and whether it is safe or not. No matter how we feel, there is a law and we are expected to obey that law! If we feel something needs changed, we start by changing the law.

Thanks Everyone

Chad

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by paemt View Post
    ok, ok.

I made my decision on what to do. Thanks for all the input. I respect everyone's opinions on what to do.

I ask that we don't get into an argument about speeding and whether it is safe or not. No matter how we feel, there is a law and we are expected to obey that law! If we feel something needs changed, we start by changing the law.

Thanks Everyone

Chad
    Well said.

(York County)

You are an awful human being, Chad! I am willing to bet that you have also removed those tags on your boxsprings and matress that say 'Remove only under penalty of law'. I bet you have some medication in your home that is not in the original container. I am certain that you have parked your car more than 6" from the curb. I, for one, may never associate with you again.

SHAME, SHAME, SHAME!!!

(you know I am kiddin...right?)

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnUSCG View Post
    You are an awful human being, Chad! I am willing to bet that you have also removed those tags on your boxsprings and matress that say 'Remove only under penalty of law'. I bet you have some medication in your home that is not in the original container. I am certain that you have parked your car more than 6" from the curb. I, for one, may never associate with you again.

SHAME, SHAME, SHAME!!!

(you know I am kiddin...right?)
    Dude, read the fine print!!!!! It says "'Remove only under penalty of law'" but also says, "except for the end consumer", or something like that. So yes, I have done that. None of the rest though...lol.

Oh, I am glad you said you were kidding, I had no idea and I was about to open a can of politically correct, and therefore virtually harmless, whoop ass on you!!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by BanginBonnie2 View Post
    Justa,

You're entitled to one ' Free ' D L Transcript per year from your State Rep, just get the paperwork at his/her office.

Take Care
    Or you can get one with a few clicks online at 1 AM in your underwear (thats how I prefer to do it anyway ) from PennDOT for $5.

http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/centers/O...esCenter.shtml

If your record is clean and you show up with a copy, it will help show you take it serious and give a $hit to some extent.

I drive daily to MD and have gotten a few down there over the years. I always go to traffic court and show up with a copy of my PA and MD file (MD and PA do not have reciproicity with DL's either, which is good in this case for us, since points do not transfer). Point being, the Judge took notice that I took the time and expense to provide both. Got the fine knocked in half and no points each time.

Here are the fees:

Basic Information
    $5.00

3 Year Driver Record
    $5.00

10 Year Driver Record (for Commercial Drivers only)
    $5.00

Certified Driver Record
    $10.00

Copy of Document from file (Microfilm)
    $5.00

Certified Copy of Document from File
    $10.00
    Last edited by Broncitis; January 27th, 2010 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncitis View Post
    ]

If your record is clean and you show up with a copy, it will help show you take it serious and give a $hit to some extent.

I drive daily to MD and have gotten a few down there over the years. I always go to traffic court and show up with a copy of my PA and MD file (MD and PA do not have reciproicity with DL's either, which is good in this case for us, since points do not transfer). Point being, the Judge took notice that I took the time and expense to provide both. Got the fine knocked in half and no points each time.

Hello Broncitis,

That's a pretty good approach to the ' Point Problem '.

It does get worse then points ... had a ' Log Book ' fine in N Y about 10 yrs ago ... that cost me 1 thous. to merely have it reduced to a ' Traffic Violation '.

You might say, as most normal folks would ... ' what do 'ya mean, have it reduced to a Traffic Violation ?

That's a real good question, because in the cesspool of Harrison, N Y, a Log Book Violation is an effin' Misdemeanor ... I ain't frikken kidding you, it's a Misdemeanor.

And now you have a little more insight as to why I maintain that Traffic Laws are merely a Tax Collection Vehicle !

Here's another fun fact from N Y ... any locale can make any Violation into what ever they want it to be ... a Log Book or Speeding or Parking Violation can be a Traffic Violation in ( X ) town, but 1 mile away in ( Y ) town it's a Misdemeanor ... aka Money Scam !

Been driving trucks since '69 ... I've seen plenty ... I've watched what was a Good Paying Profession evolve into a Great Profession to be ' From ' ... as in, ' yep I used to drive trucks until some smacked ass fro D C + Harrisburg eff'd it up for everyone '.

I now talk to guys making money that I made in the mid - 70's ... frikken' idiots.

Take Care Broncitis

Thumbs up Re: Need advice about a speeding ticket...

Quote Originally Posted by 1713 View Post
    We'll all have our own opinions. I'm a little confused with some of the points in your post, though. What do you mean about "how did the cop catch the fellow speeding"? Is it a question of the how his speed was determined? Which training argument are you referring to and what is the braille method?

I'm not a fan of the insurance lobby but that's a subject for another time. On that subject...I don't work for an insurance company. These are my thoughts on the subject.

Hello 1713,

By " "how did the cop catch the fellow speeding"? ", I meant that the cop himself just Proved that speeding can be done safely, as he ' hopefully ' didn't crash or cut someone off in his attempt to capture the ' villain '.

The " training argument " would be you showing up in Court and telling his Honor my above point, that the cop ' Proved ' speeding is no problem, he did it to capture me.
    His Honor say's, ' well he's received professional training ' and you haven't, at which point a few pics of most any police agency will show cruisers that look as if the driver has been utilizing " The Braille Method " ... i.e., he's feels his way around, something your insurance man would frown upon

Ever see the ' Fleet ' in Philly ... they got more wrecks then Carter has Pills.

By chance 1713 did you catch what I consider to be one of the best lines ever to come out of D C back in the Katrina Disaster ... a Rep/Sen from Mississippi (?) got shafted by his Homeowners Insurance Company in a Big Fashion and made a comment on Nat T-V something to this effect ..

" There should be a National Registry of Insurance Company Execs and Child Sex Offenders "

... I wish I could vote for the guy that likens the two .. my kind of guy !

Take Care 1713

Sorry to dig up a semi old thread but just found it. And wanted to expand on the following statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncitis View Post
    I drive daily to MD and have gotten a few down there over the years. I always go to traffic court and show up with a copy of my PA and MD file (MD and PA do not have reciproicity with DL's either, which is good in this case for us, since points do not transfer).
    Your statement is not entirely true: PA actually does have reciprocity with MD and 45 other states. The other states will report your offense to PA, but will not show up on your PA record; UNLESS you are a CDL holder.

However, you are correct in terms of the points.

DRIVER LICENSE COMPACT
    Courage is not the absence of fear but the mastery of it

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast