Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Anyone use the gunclip?

Anyone have any opinion about this. Ive been using it sometimes when i can't easily conceal the gun with the holster I have. Here's a picture of it attached to my 9mm Bersa Ultra Compact pro

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Anyone use the gunclip?

ahhhh the "universal clipdraw". what do you think of it?...I've wondered about that thing for a while now and have been waiting to get the opinion of someone that uses one.

(Chester County)

do you have to get your gun smithed to fit one? how does it attach to the gun?

(Centre County)

I have used one designed for a specific gun so it did NOT use the stick-on method. I had no problems with mine but stopped using it months ago.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by XACEX View Post
    do you have to get your gun smithed to fit one? how does it attach to the gun?
    it uses 3m very high bond adhesive tape. you stick the mounting plate to the slide, then you screw the clip portion to the plate.

http://www.clipdraw.com/store/index....on=show_detail

(Luzerne County)

Yeah thats right.. clipdraw. I forgot what it was called. Right now I really don't carry very often because I live in state college and getting made Carrying on campus would probably get me expelled. But when I go home I carry pretty much everywhere. I didn't feel great about carrying it at first because it's not in a holster and there's nothing physically blocking the trigger, but with the safety and the real heavy double action trigger pull of the trigger on the bersa if it isn't cocked I decided to give it a try. From the limited use I have with it, I really do like it as an option to carry with. I really didn't have very good hopes for it at first. I was paranoid that it was going to come lose either at the screws or on the sticky tape, but both have held solid, Now I'm very confident when i carry with it. I only have two handguns right now g23 and the bersa, and both arn't exactly small pistols, so carrying in light clothes in the summer was a pain, the reduced bulk of just having a clip on the firearm reduced the profile significantly. You can even clip it to jogging pants if they have a string to make them tight enough to support the firearm. The clip is low profile enough that I can still use the leather holster I have for the handgun without removing the clipdraw.

It's done everything it advertises, I guess the point of the thread was more toward the safety aspect of this device. I feel like i'm doing something wrong when I remove the firearm, since there's no holster along with it. So if I remove, like if go to my girlfriends for example, it pretty much means I have to handle a unholstered and loaded firearm, which doesn't seem like the best of ideas.
    Last edited by musclebound; January 25th, 2010 at 01:48 AM.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by musclebound View Post

It's done everything it advertises, I guess the point of the thread was more toward the safety aspect of this device. I feel like i'm doing something wrong when I remove the firearm, since there's no holster along with it. So if I remove, like if go to my girlfriends for example, it pretty much means I have to handle a unholstered and loaded firearm, which doesn't seem like the best of ideas.
    keep your finger off the trigger and you should be fine. you handle an un-holstered, loaded weapon after you chamber a round and before you holster it all the time (in your case not holstered ). thanks for the review, and...why do you remove it ( I mean the Bersa you pervs ) to go to her house?...just wondering.
    Last edited by CHEMICAL; January 25th, 2010 at 01:54 AM.

(Centre County)

Yeah thats right.. clipdraw. I forgot what it was called. Right now I really don't carry very often because I live in state college and getting made Carrying on campus would probably get me expelled. But when I go home I carry pretty much everywhere. I didn't feel great about carrying it at first because it's not in a holster and there's nothing physically blocking the trigger, but with the safety and the real heavy double action trigger pull of the trigger on the bersa if it isn't cocked I decided to give it a try. I really didn't have very good hopes for it at first. I was paranoid that it was going to come lose either at the screws or on the sticky tape, but both have held solid, Now I'm very confident when i carry with it. I only have two handguns right now g23 and the bersa, and both arn't exactly small pistols, so carrying in light clothes in the summer was a pain, the reduced bulk of just having a clip on the firearm reduced the profile significantly. You can even clip it to jogging pants if they have a string to make them tight enough to support the firearm.

My Bold:
    And a different question indeed. I see that I was beaten to the punch. I will probably not use it again BUT I did use it for about 1 year.

As Chemical said:"keep your finger off the trigger and you should be fine."

I had no AD/ND problems in that time. I will not PooPoo this type of carry but for me, I prefer the Physical comfort of OWB carry.

(Luzerne County)

I'm confident in my abilties when I handle it, it's just that I would rather handle the firearm in a holster for general safety reasons. I guess thats just the way I learned how to handle firearms. And what I mean by when i go to my girlfriends is that having a pistol strapped to my waist can be uncomfortable, when we're trying to relax and watch a movie or something. Girl is totally great tho, she doesn't have a problem with firearms at all if thats what you thought I meant. In fact she bought the Bersa for my 21st birthday for me!

(Monroe County)

I'm confident in my abilties when I handle it, it's just that I would rather handle the firearm in a holster for general safety reasons. I guess thats just the way I learned how to handle firearms. And what I mean by when i go to my girlfriends is that having a pistol strapped to my waist can be uncomfortable, when we're trying to relax and watch a movie or something. Girl is totally great tho, she doesn't have a problem with firearms at all if thats what you thought I meant. In fact she bought the Bersa for my 21st birthday for me!
    well for your own comfort maybe you can keep a small lockbox at her house for just such a reason. couldnt hurt, and if it helps your comfort level I say its something to think about.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast