Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: [PAFOA Blog] Pennsylvania seeks to standardize firearm permit process

The entire country should operate under the constitution. No permits, instant reciprocity.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

(Chester County)

Default Re: [PAFOA Blog] Pennsylvania seeks to standardize firearm permit process

What makes the PSP know that any law enforcement department can't find out?

Ok, sorry wont happen again, just trying to get answers

(Berks County)

It definitely needs to be standardized. I am from NY and drove 3 hours this past Friday, to Berks county sheriff's department get my out of state permit. The officer there asked me if my guns are listed on the back of my NY pistol permit. I said yes. The officer then told me that he could not give me an out of state permit. When I asked why he said because PA doesn't list a person's guns on their permit, and NY does. Therefore it's not an exact match to the permit issued in PA. A friend of mine got his out of state permit in Northumberland county last summer without any issues. The offficer at Berks county told me its at the discretion of the sheriff in ewch county whether or not to issue the permit. I have my paperwork and money and NY permit ready to go. It really should be the same rules for every county. Either you will issue them or you wont.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo2345 View Post
    It definitely needs to be standardized. I am from NY and drove 3 hours this past Friday, to Berks county sheriff's department get my out of state permit. The officer there asked me if my guns are listed on the back of my NY pistol permit. I said yes. The officer then told me that he could not give me an out of state permit. When I asked why he said because PA doesn't list a person's guns on their permit, and NY does. Therefore it's not an exact match to the permit issued in PA. A friend of mine got his out of state permit in Northumberland county last summer without any issues. The offficer at Berks county told me its at the discretion of the sheriff in ewch county whether or not to issue the permit. I have my paperwork and money and NY permit ready to go. It really should be the same rules for every county. Either you will issue them or you wont.
    That bites and is the first I've heard of them being a problem. First question I have regarding the NY permit...is it a permit to carry concealed or a permit to own and take to the range?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo2345 View Post
    Seems like you passed a few othe counties on your way. What's the chance new york is going to issue me a license to carry? Maybe fix new york first. Between new york refugees and new jersy refugees voting for the same crap guns are under constant threat here in Pa. Necro thread bad.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234