Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Going for LTCF tomorrow.. couple questions

So I applied for my LTCF last monday, and was told I would get a call within 10 days to come pick up my license.

Hadn't heard anything yet, so I figured I would just give the Levittown Gov't Services a call (where I applied) to see if there was any progress.. so yes, I am impatient at times..

The woman on the phone sounded like the one I applied with. Apparently the ONE person who prints the licenses (apparently a highly skilled job, in which only one individual can be qualified for) has been taken off of LTCF duties to a "higher priority" job/task with the Sheriff's department, and no LTCF's will be printed until she gets returned to LTCF duty.

There was no timeline given. While I'm not surprised by this type of thing (county government and all), it's still frustrating.

-Chris

(Bucks County)

so if it's that technical a job that they can't show someone else which button to push...they should print them up in doylestown and mail them to Levittown for your pickup....

So today is day #11...
    Last edited by mrjam2jab; February 5th, 2010 at 03:22 PM.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PhillySoundMan View Post
    So I applied for my LTCF last monday, and was told I would get a call within 10 days to come pick up my license.

Hadn't heard anything yet, so I figured I would just give the Levittown Gov't Services a call (where I applied) to see if there was any progress.. so yes, I am impatient at times..

The woman on the phone sounded like the one I applied with. Apparently the ONE person who prints the licenses (apparently a highly skilled job, in which only one individual can be qualified for) has been taken off of LTCF duties to a "higher priority" job/task with the Sheriff's department, and no LTCF's will be printed until she gets returned to LTCF duty.

There was no timeline given. While I'm not surprised by this type of thing (county government and all), it's still frustrating.

-Chris
    That's a bunch of BULL SHIT !

-Chris
    What's more "higher priority" than LTCFs????

Seriously...that sounds like a lame excuse from the sheriff's dept.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Going for LTCF tomorrow.. couple questions UPDATE

So, I got the call today that my "permit" is ready (as the lady on the phone called it) to be picked up. I made sure I got there before the office closes at 4:30pm, told them what I was there for.. took them a few minutes to find my card and paperwork.. there was a rather tall stack of cards ready to be picked up. The receptionist said that they finally got them all in "now that the printer is fixed."

Whatever, just give it to me! So I signed the book (proof that I received it, I guess) and she juuuuust about hands it to me.. then takes it back and goes to check on something. Huh?? I was that close!

She comes back out and says she can't let me have it. WHAT?!

They managed to spell the name of my street wrong. Some genius printed the card with the word Creek spelled as "Creed" and thus I wasn't allowed to take it home. You've got to be shitting me.

So I asked, "so what now?!" she said that they have to send it back to the Sheriff, and a new one has to be printed, which wouldn't happen until Monday. So I asked when I would get it back, and she said she had no way of telling.

I guess I'm glad that she caught the mistake.. I don't know if it really would have affected anything, but I would prefer it was right. But COME ON, after all the bullshit about not being able to print them, etc (see previous posts), now I had it snatched right back from me because they can't type.

This caps my day of also getting raped by the IRS because my employers can't fill out their tax forms properly. Awesome.

-Chris

(Cambria County)

Sooooo, this is Phila's new method of keeping law abiding citizens from getting hold of LTCF. Misspellings. Very sneaky.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbkski View Post
    Sooooo, this is Phila's new method of keeping law abiding citizens from getting hold of LTCF. Misspellings. Very sneaky.
    This is in Bucks County, not Philly. They're usually much better about issuing quickly.

She comes back out and says she can't let me have it. WHAT?!

They managed to spell the name of my street wrong. Some genius printed the card with the word Creek spelled as "Creed" and thus I wasn't allowed to take it home. You've got to be shitting me.

So I asked, "so what now?!" she said that they have to send it back to the Sheriff, and a new one has to be printed, which wouldn't happen until Monday. So I asked when I would get it back, and she said she had no way of telling.

I guess I'm glad that she caught the mistake.. I don't know if it really would have affected anything, but I would prefer it was right. But COME ON, after all the bullshit about not being able to print them, etc (see previous posts), now I had it snatched right back from me because they can't type.

-Chris
    So, it would appear that you are legally licensed...even though you don't have it in your possession right now???

(Bucks County)

So I signed the book

-Chris

Did you cross your name off the book? According to their records to took custody of the license....

This is all the more reason going up to Doylestown is a good idea. I had my renewal in my hand in 10 minutes, Cheryl had her first one in 20.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast