Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Re: Utah Non-Resident Concealed Carry Course-Monroe

I would be interested. Might be able to bring a friend or two as well. Depends on the day & time.

I'd be coming from Luzerne County. One concern is the weather. If it is scheduled for late March or later it would reduce the chances of snow screwing things up.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by cptrad View Post
    I would be interested. Might be able to bring a friend or two as well. Depends on the day & time.

I'd be coming from Luzerne County. One concern is the weather. If it is scheduled for late March or later it would reduce the chances of snow screwing things up.
    I was just thinking earlier that if it were scheduled for March ( or later ) it would give people plenty of time to plan accordingly...I will be keeping this thread updated as much as possible...thanks for your input.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    please note that if you happen to ask for a payment plan your Utah application will be held until payment is complete, at which time it will be mailed to Utah. They allow 1 year from the time the class is completed to send the application.

This will only be for extreme cases friends, we can't possibly have the entire class on payment plans...lol....please understand. The fee will cover class, notary, fingerprinting, photos and a lunch will be provided. This seems very fair.
    Slight fix...the collateral paperwork will not be sent to UT...it would be sent to you, the applicant...as you dont have to pay the application fee at the class.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    Slight fix...the collateral paperwork will not be sent to UT...it would be sent to you, the applicant...as you dont have to pay the application fee at the class.
    crap...right, sorry...you have to send in the paperwork WITH THE UTAH CHECK . thanks for catching that, its fixed now...sometimes my typing gets ahead of my brain...which there's plenty of evidence of on this forum!...

As long as I'm available when the class is taking place I would definitely be interested. Weekends would be best, but I could make other days available if it's planned early enough in advanced.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by NShortino View Post
    As long as I'm available when the class is taking place I would definitely be interested. Weekends would be best, but I could make other days available if it's planned early enough in advanced.
    it is most likely going to be on a weekend sometime in the near, but not immediate, future....I think weekends generally work the best for most.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    it is most likely going to be on a weekend sometime in the near, but not immediate, future....I think weekends generally work the best for most.
    Sundays work even better
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    Sundays work even better
    somehow I knew I'd hear that from you...

I'm making calls tomorrow for possible locations, details will be posted as they unfold.

(Monroe County)

UPDATE: As it sits we are shooting for mid to late March to make this Utah class happen here in Monroe County. This should give those who are interested enough time to make arrangements to attend.

I made some phone calls today for possible locations to hold the class. There are a couple that look promising and I am waiting on some return phone calls from others.

Just a heads up: In order to try and keep the rates down as low as possible we are trying to find the cheapest place available which may or may not require a sterile/ concealed carry attendance depending on the rules of the facility. An update regarding this issue will be posted after final reservations are made.

*Please note*...live fire training is not part of this class, so you will not have to worry about bringing ammo, etc.

As soon as I get a final reply as to the minimum number of attendees needed to hold the class here I will let you know. Lets try to make this happen friends, I know there are several people that would like this permit that simply can't make a 2+ hour drive to get it.

Thank you to all the replies and interest thus far.

(Monroe County)

sterile or concealed carry only? huh? Also, i've got a few friends interested, just have to find out the specifics. I already have my PA ccw license. Is that a prerequisite for the class or just a clean record and admission fee?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast