Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Springfield Armory 1911 MC Operator vs. SIG Sauer Blackwater 1911.Who's the TOP D

Quote Originally Posted by XD45 View Post
    You can change the sights to anything you want, but the trp operators have an extra slot cut on them so adding any sight may look weird. The ones pictured below are made by harrison designs and they seem to take away all of the rough edges which is what I'd assume most complaints about the stocks sights are about.

Here's a pretty good thread on the subject, if you can't read it without being a member i'd suggest joining. That whole site is filled with great info by great folks.

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=252147

ETA:

Glad ya found what you were looking for. The loadeds are a great gun but IMO they are still an entry level 1911, where for just a couple bucks more(not even half a case of ammo) the TRPs are probably the best valued mid-range 1911 you can get.
    Hey XD45, If you feel like explaining this? Would you mind telling me the situation or the reason Blackwater is no longer Blackwater or whatever it is that happened. Also should I be supporting Blackwater Tactical Firearms? Just Curious because one guy said he'd be careful while carrying anything with the name Blackwater on it in public. Why would he say that?
    Protect yourself at all times.... purchase a firearm. It's your right!

Default Re: Springfield Armory 1911 MC Operator vs. SIG Sauer Blackwater 1911.Who's the TOP D

Quote Originally Posted by Nickname Tactical View Post
    Hey XD45, If you feel like explaining this? Would you mind telling me the situation or the reason Blackwater is no longer Blackwater or whatever it is that happened. Also should I be supporting Blackwater Tactical Firearms? Just Curious because one guy said he'd be careful while carrying anything with the name Blackwater on it in public. Why would he say that?
    Kind of hard to explain it all in a few lines but i'll try, and hopefully wont screw up the facts to bad

Their blackwater guns were designed together w/ the former blackwater training center(now something along the lines of united states training center) which was connected to the blackwater(now called Xe) that was working in iraq and found themselves in screwy situations more than once. Google will be a better friend to you about all the details than I will be though.

I personally wouldn't be worried about carrying anything with blackwater on it, though I am surprised everytime I see another blackwater gun come out. As for supporting them, I'd be surprised if it wasn't a one time fee deal, but in the long run thats a personal call.

(Philadelphia County)

You read the stocks sights fell off after 100 rounds or the harrison sight did? If it was the stock sight I'd doubt thats something you see often, and while I have no first hand experience w/ the harrison sights i've read enough good about them that I'd be willing to bet that it was user error when installing, maybe a tad to much fitting.

That gun pictured isn't mine, I have stock sights on my TRP so I can't speak for it. The checkering on the TRP to me is awesome, but to some might be a bit rough.
    It was the Stock sights. They said the hex screw came undone.

(Philadelphia County)

Kind of hard to explain it all in a few lines but i'll try, and hopefully wont screw up the facts to bad

Their blackwater guns were designed together w/ the former blackwater training center(now something along the lines of united states training center) which was connected to the blackwater(now called Xe) that was working in iraq and found themselves in screwy situations more than once. Google will be a better friend to you about all the details than I will be though.

I personally wouldn't be worried about carrying anything with blackwater on it, though I am surprised everytime I see another blackwater gun come out. As for supporting them, I'd be surprised if it wasn't a one time fee deal, but in the long run thats a personal call.
    Some ole sneaky sh** happened huh? Awe who the hell cares! I better go ahead and get my SIG P226R Blackwater Tactical before it's to late.

(Philadelphia County)

Just read about the whole Blackwater situation. And you know what I say? F'em!.... F'em all!!!! The Iraqi's are a bunch of NUTZ anyway. Hell I would have done the same thing that Blackwater unit did. Shot their asses up! and quick too! You never know what them SOB's will try and pull. Can you say 911.

I hate terroist!

Quote Originally Posted by Nickname Tactical View Post
    Just read about the whole Blackwater situation. And you know what I say? F'em!.... F'em all!!!! The Iraqi's are a bunch of NUTZ anyway. Hell I would have done the same thing that Blackwater unit did. Shot their asses up! and quick too! You never know what them SOB's will try and pull. Can you say 911.

I hate terroist!
    Yeah I wasn't there so I can't speak to what happened, but thats basically my thoughts. They were there legally, and anyone thats been over there will tell you how crazy it gets so chances are they were defending themselves.

I know i'll be up in arms if any of them end up in an iraqi court system. Civilian contractors are a needed asset in war zones IMO.

Richland Township (Bucks County) PA, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)

From my understanding the major differences between the MC operator and the TRP operator are - the TRP has a full length guide rod whereas the MC does not, the TRP has a bull barrel whereas the MC op does not - and the MC operator does not have the full tac rail whereas the TRP does.. Uh... Oh, and MC operator has the ambi safety.. I believe otherwise the internals and fitting process for these pistols are identical.. If I am incorrect sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by RHGregory3 View Post
    From my understanding the major differences between the MC operator and the TRP operator are - the TRP has a full length guide rod whereas the MC does not, the TRP has a bull barrel whereas the MC op does not - and the MC operator does not have the full tac rail whereas the TRP does.. Uh... Oh, and MC operator has the ambi safety.. I believe otherwise the internals and fitting process for these pistols are identical.. If I am incorrect sorry!
    I've been up for about 21hrs now so no way i'm researching anything ATM, but I believe you're wrong on at least a few counts.

Not all TRP's have the full length tac rails, and you could get a full length one put on an MC operator. Also the TRP's have ambi safeties, and I am fairly sure there are a couple more hand fitted parts in the TRPs.

SA vs. Sig?

Go Springfield bro.......do that and you will have a quality product and a long-lasting, dependable tool.

Sig is one of the best firearms manufacturers in the world......but so is SA. When it comes to 1911's, SA is better.

For the same money? SA all the way.
    Adapt, Adjust and Overcome.

(Clearfield County)

I have no personal experience with the Sig but here are two targets shot at 50 yards with my one Springfield. It is the standard target model--not the Trophy Match model. As you can see, it is capable of sub-2" groups at 50 yards with the right load. You can pay a lot more for a .45 that does not shoot better or even do as well. Just my experience for what it is worth.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast