Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AR15/M4 Gear

(Jefferson County)

Default AR15/M4 Gear

Ok, its been 13 years or so since I owned an AR15(M4 design), and now that I have a new one I'd like to dress it up some. There weren't many options back then, so I'm way out of the loop on things.

Budget is of importance, I'm still not sure my lady friend(she's more than that, no official title) wont beat me to death with this M4 yet for spending the money on my 8th gun in 6 months time. lol

1. I'm looking for a direct replacement for the forearm. One of those quad rail units that all I have to do is compress the slipring & spring down to change it out. Aluminum is preferred over plastic.
    2. forward vertical grip
    3. green laser w/remote switch
    4. flashlight thingy

The factory pistol grip is getting changed out for sure, the one finger groove bump just doesn't work with my hand.

This is the model I have: http://www.stagarms.com/product_info...roducts_id=205

Magazines: From what I'm reading the Magpul's are what many like.. Wheres the cheapest place for those?
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Default Re: AR15/M4 Gear

There are too many places selling AR stuff to mention them all. You might try:
    http://www.danieldefense.com/?page=shop/index
    http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/
    http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetac...StoreFront.bok
    To name just a few of the better ones.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Montgomery County)

Go to Primary Arms for a quad rail. Better than UTG at a lower price.
    http://www.primaryarms.com/product.s...categoryId=101

and some reviews here:
    http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.htm...f=325&t=182458

As far as grips w/0 the bump, I just installed a Magpul MOE grip ($20 at BravoCo) and I'm really digging it. And depending on who you talk to (nearly everyone, actually), PMags are the tihs. Bravo Company is a good spot, when they're in stock.
    Hope this helps.
    Last edited by sxHarr05; January 24th, 2010 at 02:57 AM.
    "bukakee ≠ waterboarding" ~tlgpa

(Tioga County)

Another place for mags is www.44mag.com. This is one of the cheapest places that I found for mags. Also very good service.

(Berks County)

I see you are looking to have a vertical grip attached to your rifle. I think that the best thing to do with this would be to free float your barrel with a free float rail. That way you can mount a sling and a grip and not have to worry about torquing your barrel. I think it's the only way to go if you want a carbine set up in a fighting configuration and are looking to add more then a light.

I had noticed a difference of about an inch when I had a VFG attached to my former surefire M73 on my M4 carbine. I would recommend the Yankee Hill lightweight free float quad rail for your carbine here http://www.impactguns.com/store/YHM-9631.html
    The mounting is easy as pie and trust me, you will see an increase in accuracy of your rifle almost immediately.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you have, is also big enough to take it all away.
    Gerald Ford.

Happiness is 5,000 rounds of match ammo.

(Washington County)

Might want to look into that angled forgrip Magpul has out, supposed to be a more ergonomic way to keep your non shooting hand.

(Allegheny County)

Aim Surplus carries a lot of stuff.

Here's the current mag selection:
    http://www.aimsurplus.com/catalog.aspx?groupid=14

I have several of the inexpensive C Products mags with the orange follower. So far so good.

Their PMAGS (and other select items) include 1 cent shipping, so consider that when pricing around.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Jefferson County)

Sorry for the late reply...

Thanks guys! All the info is much appreciated!

I'm reconsidering a free-float handguard. I think I might get the YHM light weight. I didn't really want to muck with the barrel nut with a new gun, just been a long standing practice to not mess with such involved things for sometime has passed and I didn't want to jynx my life long lucky streak with guns. lol ...but, I'm gonna tempt fate this one time. lol

BTW, I was an armorist/small arms repairman in the USMC Reserves after highschool- so I'm not totally a n00b to this things. But we didn't have all these add-on goodies back then.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

(Northampton County)

depending on your budget, I'd suggest looking into the daniel defense omega rail. It's free floating, so you don't have to worry about bolting a bunch of crap to it and having it effect barrel harmonics, plus it requires zero modifications to the host weapon.

The UTG and Primary Arms forearms are not free floating designs. Not sure about YHM.
    Let them take arms

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by rodder View Post
    depending on your budget, I'd suggest looking into the daniel defense omega rail. It's free floating, so you don't have to worry about bolting a bunch of crap to it and having it effect barrel harmonics, plus it requires zero modifications to the host weapon.

The UTG and Primary Arms forearms are not free floating designs. Not sure about YHM.

I looked that the Daniel Defense units, but they are way too much for my budget.

YHM makes free float and a replacement versions. The one I'm looking at is about 1/3 the price of a DD, and is freefloating.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast