Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AR15/M4 Gear

(Berks County)

Default Re: AR15/M4 Gear

As one of the other members has stated the OMEGA rail would be the best bet. However, you did list money was a option so that is why I did not even bother mentioning it to you. The rail can be mounted without having to remove the front sight and it just bolts on. COMPLETE free float. Daniel Defense makes some REAL top of the line shit, but for the price, Yankee Hill is very very hard to beat as well, and their quality is pretty damn good!

As for a vertical grip I would more then likely go with a Command Arms Accessories grip shown here: http://www.manventureoutpost.com/pro...p-Adaptor.html and a Inova T1 100 LED light listed here: http://www.captaindaves.com/shop/Ino...ghts.html#1134

I have this current setup on my free floated M4 carbine and it is slick as can be. The grip also has a compartment for 2 123 batteries so they can be close at hand and the light pressure switch on the rear is pretty slick as well. For the cash, it cannot be beat an it is as close as you can get the the Surefire M900A.
    Last edited by Konsukah_19; January 25th, 2010 at 06:44 PM.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you have, is also big enough to take it all away.
    Gerald Ford.

Happiness is 5,000 rounds of match ammo.

(Jefferson County)

Here's what I've ordered so far:

1. Yankee Hill Machine Diamond Free Float Tube Handguard AR-15 Carbine Length Aluminum Matte
    2. Falcon Industries ERGO Sure Grip Pistol Grip AR-15 Ambidextrous Overmolded Rubber Black
    3. MagPul Industries MOE Enhanced Trigger Guard AR-15 Polymer Black
    4. Yankee Hill Machine Handguard Cap AR-15 Round Fits Yankee Hill Free Float Handguard 15/16" Inside Diameter Aluminum Matte
    5. Float Tube Wrench YHM-9621
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Here's what I've ordered so far:

1. Yankee Hill Machine Diamond Free Float Tube Handguard AR-15 Carbine Length Aluminum Matte
    2. Falcon Industries ERGO Sure Grip Pistol Grip AR-15 Ambidextrous Overmolded Rubber Black
    3. MagPul Industries MOE Enhanced Trigger Guard AR-15 Polymer Black
    4. Yankee Hill Machine Handguard Cap AR-15 Round Fits Yankee Hill Free Float Handguard 15/16" Inside Diameter Aluminum Matte
    5. Float Tube Wrench YHM-9621
    sounds like a very nice, well-thought out and budget friendly set-up.

Just curious, what made you decide to spring for the magpul trigger guard?

and I expect pics upon package arrival and parts installation!!
    Let them take arms

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by rodder View Post
    sounds like a very nice, well-thought out and budget friendly set-up.

Just curious, what made you decide to spring for the magpul trigger guard?

and I expect pics upon package arrival and parts installation!!
    I wear gloves anytime it gets below 60'F.. lol Bigger trigger area for gloved finger will help keep untimely loud bangy noises from happening.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    I wear gloves anytime it gets below 60'F.. lol Bigger trigger area for gloved finger will help keep untimely loud bangy noises from happening.
    So will keeping your finger out of the trigggerwell until you are ready to fire
    Last edited by Legion_Prime; January 27th, 2010 at 06:06 PM.
    Warning: I may not read responses to OP before posting

(Lancaster County)

as for the vertical grip I use the quick release tang down full size on my LMT. I don't like the stubby and it's not plastic, it really good quality

(Jefferson County)

New Ergo grip and Magpul trigger guard installed... Waiting on the barrel wrench to do the YHM Diamond free-floater.

The Ergo grip is MUCH nicer, and a lot more comfortable. Highly recommended! The Magpul trigger guard offers a bit more room.

I'm probably gonna order the Magpul ACS stock early next week. Then I'm thinking of applying for a SBR tax stamp and taking the barrel down to a little in front of the front sight. Adding a YHM Phantom flashhider for a QD suppressor

Then doing another NFA stamp and ordering a YHM suppressor.

The QD muzzle attachment and suppressor might be items of debate with other manufacturers though.
    Last edited by knight0334; January 29th, 2010 at 12:08 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12