Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Tennessee open carrier detained Belle Meade Al Gore 's home town black powder pis

Quote Originally Posted by kwikrnu View Post
    I have several handguns and would not feel safe carrying them in Belle Meade because I think the law prohibits it.
    there is a slight problem with this statement...don't think the law does anything.....KNOW the law!

Was there a purpose to your demonstration? or just wanted to do it because it was legal?
    seems like a good enough reason to me.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Tennessee open carrier detained Belle Meade Al Gore 's home town black powder pis

I definately don't like the Belle Meade ordinance. I'd much rather carry a handgun in a holster or on a sling.

I don't like the Tennessee law which allows cities and municipalities to have their own laws. I'm for complete State pre-emption and uniform laws accross the State.

I need the exercise and Belle Meade is a couple miles away and is a great place to walk.

I did it because I can.

I think there was no RAS for the stop. No reason for the 15 minute detention. There was no reason to run the serial # on my pistol, and there was no RAS to search inside my pockets. I'll consult my attorney and see if he thinks I would have a case for the Belle Meade incident.
    I was just curious if this was a political demonstration (he is hoping to generate a reaction in legislature to change the preemption laws) or if just a normal walk by a private citizen - people on here have open carry lunches and picnics to demonstrate support for open carry and such, I don't have a problem with what the OP did.

I agree there was no RAS to search once it was established that he had a legal right to carry that particular pistol openly per law (but IANAL).
    Last edited by falcn; January 24th, 2010 at 11:24 AM.
    FNX-9 Two-tone

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    there is a slight problem with this statement...don't think the law does anything.....KNOW the law!

It is difficult to know the law. The law is subject to interpretation which is why I carried a navy model pistol. There is case law from the 1800's which says the army / navy laws are constitutional. Therefore, anything not an army or navy model could potentially IMO be illegal to carry. This is why I specifically purchased a black powder army navy model pistol.

(Monroe County)

It is difficult to know the law. The law is subject to interpretation which is why I carried a navy model pistol. There is case law from the 1800's which says the army / navy laws are constitutional. Therefore, anything not an army or navy model could potentially IMO be illegal to carry. This is why I specifically purchased a black powder army navy model pistol.
    interpretation of law can be very confusing, I agree, which is why I understand you carrying only what you knew was legal. Problem is you would no doubt get a worse response to carrying a gun in your hand than most OC'ers get for having one in a holster....had you not been released this would had made an interesting case to establish case law....or further case law if one already exists.

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    interpretation of law can be very confusing, I agree, which is why I understand you carrying only what you knew was legal. Problem is you would no doubt get a worse response to carrying a gun in your hand than most OC'ers get for having one in a holster....had you not been released this would had made an interesting case to establish case law....or further case law if one already exists.
    Case law was established in the 1870's in Tennessee.

1. Barton v state (sorry don'y have a link)

2. Robinson v State

3. Kendall v State

4. Page v State

5. State v Wilburn

6. Andrews v state
    Last edited by kwikrnu; January 24th, 2010 at 12:25 PM.

(Monroe County)

Case law was established in the 1870's in Tennessee.

1. Barton v state (sorry don'y have a link)

2. Robinson v State

3. Kendall v State

4. Page v State

5. State v Wilburn
    ahhhh.....sweet thanks!

Please Note: The poster was issued an infraction for this post.

Good to see the OP has pulled yet another stunt, be it not as damaging to the real Pro 2A cause as some of his others. He has single handedly hurt the Handgun Carry crowd in TN more than anyone/thing that i am aware of in recent history.

I am a TN HCP holder and know that the OP is responsible for a TOTAL NO CARRY POSTING in not one business, but an entire chain of stores here in TN. Because he wants to push the envelope, we are LOSING our rights (ie COSTCO).

We recently got HCP rights in our state parks, which was portrayed by the liberal media as "guns on swingsets" etc, and the first thing this "Brady Camp" mall ninja poster child can think to do is pack an AK pistol in Open Carry and watch the sheep flip out over an already VERY SENSITIVE situation. (Made a great case AGAINST OUR PARK CARRY) (Watch the news casts)

THANKS MAN. The REAL responsible gun owners, carriers, enthusiasts, and lovers DO NOT LIKE YOU, OR YOUR DEMONSTRATIONS, or how you are working to help slow or in some cases REVERSE the progressions of the legitimate RTKBA crowd.

Our legislators take a chance by listening to HCP holders and passing these laws all the while being SLAUGHTERED BY THE MEDIA. The whole way the lawmakers refer to HCP Holders good judgment and track record. Then as the ink drys on the new law...

BAM...

Content in violation of forum rules removed. ~Staff

I personally think you must be working for the anti-gun Violence Policy Center or a similar agency, or group, or have a mental condition requiring you to seek attention at all costs.

In closing. Jump off a bridge, or if you HATE GUNS SO BAD, MOVE TO D.C. or CHICAGO.
    Last edited by gnbrotz; January 24th, 2010 at 12:49 PM.

(Monroe County)

I wonder what the I.P. address of both these posters is, and whether or not it matches.....this thread is starting to look suspect now....if nothing else, for what it will obviously turn out to be.

I don't have any need to make up names. I always post under the alias kwikrnu.
    My rights were violated in radnor lake state park last month. I have retained an attorney and it will soon be filed in the sixth circuit.
    I have reason to believe my civil rights were also violated by the Belle Meade police yesterday. Teryy v Ohio doesn't allow more than a cursory patdown for RAS. the inside of my pockets were searched and the serial of my handgun was ran. I was detained 15 minutes which, IMO, was too long. So, this may be another case which I will take to federal court.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Awayne View Post
    Good to see the OP has pulled yet another stunt, be it not as damaging to the real Pro 2A cause as some of his others. He has single handedly hurt the Handgun Carry crowd in TN more than anyone/thing that i am aware of in recent history.

I am a TN HCP holder and know that the OP is responsible for a TOTAL NO CARRY POSTING in not one business, but an entire chain of stores here in TN. Because he wants to push the envelope, we are LOSING our rights (ie COSTCO).

We recently got HCP rights in our state parks, which was portrayed by the liberal media as "guns on swingsets" etc, and the first thing this "Brady Camp" mall ninja poster child can think to do is pack an AK pistol in Open Carry and watch the sheep flip out over an already VERY SENSITIVE situation. (Made a great case AGAINST OUR PARK CARRY) (Watch the news casts)

THANKS MAN. The REAL responsible gun owners, carriers, enthusiasts, and lovers DO NOT LIKE YOU, OR YOUR DEMONSTRATIONS, or how you are working to help slow or in some cases REVERSE the progressions of the legitimate RTKBA crowd.

Our legislators take a chance by listening to HCP holders and passing these laws all the while being SLAUGHTERED BY THE MEDIA. The whole way the lawmakers refer to HCP Holders good judgment and track record. Then as the ink drys on the new law...

BAM...

Content in violation of forum rules removed. ~Staff

I personally think you must be working for the anti-gun Violence Policy Center or a similar agency, or group, or have a mental condition requiring you to seek attention at all costs.

In closing. Jump off a bridge, or if you HATE GUNS SO BAD, MOVE TO D.C. or CHICAGO.
    I think the AK thing was discussed here too:

http://forum.pafoa.org/open-carry-14...hville-tn.html

Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast