Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Jefferson County)

Default Re: WV Concealed Carry Reciprocity Expands to Pennsylvania

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseybacon View Post
    Any other WV laws we need to be aware of? Like carrying while in bars or restaurants that serve alcohol? I didn't see anything in the WV law, but then again I was skimming pretty quick...
    Signs do apply in WV. Bar carry is legal, however every bar I've been to down there was posted.

off-limits places in WV:
    1. Court houses
    2. Family law masters offices
    3. magistrates offices
    4. Primary and secondary property including school buses
    5. And facility that is being used for a primary or secondary school functions while that function is going on.
    6. Any where a sign is posted saying no Firearms Allowed. The signs do not have to be of any size or design.
    7. WV capitol building and grounds.
    8. the typical federal places.

Wildlife Management Areas, State/National Forests, State Parks, and Road Side Rests are completely legal.

On a side note though, do NOT carry or transport in your vehicle a firearm that can be construed as a hunting firearm. IE: scoped handguns, rifles, shotguns.. I'd stay away from handguns with barrels longer than 6" too while carrying in WV. There are laws and regulations prohibiting the carrying/car-carry of hunting guns in WV.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: WV Concealed Carry Reciprocity Expands to Pennsylvania

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Signs do apply in WV. Bar carry is legal, however every bar I've been to down there was posted.
    The interesting thing about the "Signs do apply..." is that it simply seems to codify what PA law is silent on in the matter of carrying on private property. It looks like it just sets a specific charge and punishment for someone who refuses to store the gun off-premises or leave when requested. IOW, what might catch you a defiant tresspass charge here is a misdemeanor there under their Firearms code. Not necessarily something I'd like to have on my record...

Another (in my opinion) bigger difference to keep in mind is that WV does have a brandishing law...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123