Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Which club should I join?

I'm looking for a club that has pistol range "bays" available where I can bring target stands and set them up where I want them to run various drills. I need to be able to practice moving, shooting on the move, etc etc. I like the club I belong to, but our bays are only open for scheduled matches.

I know Topton has this type of setup available, but it's a little far of a drive for me.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Which club should I join?

Palmyra Sportsmen Association- 3 handgun "pits" (because they're in a pit) with plates,pins,all kinda stuff. And you can bring your own as long as you clean up after yourself.
    Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

(Berks County)

I used to be a member there. It's almost an hour drive, though.

(Berks County)

I think Hamburg's club has "open pits" for these type of drills, but it is also about 45 minute drive from the Wernersville area.

I don't think any range "close" to the Reading area has anything like what you are looking for.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by BerksCountyDave View Post
    I'm looking for a club that has pistol range "bays" available where I can bring target stands and set them up where I want them to run various drills. I need to be able to practice moving, shooting on the move, etc etc. I like the club I belong to, but our bays are only open for scheduled matches.

I know Topton has this type of setup available, but it's a little far of a drive for me.
    I think Topton may be the closest for you with that set-up.

I belong to MASA (Muhlenberg area shooter's association), which is right off the River Rd exit on Rt 12 (headed towards Rt 61). The area is open with an earthen berm. As long as you're shooting at paper targets, you would be good to go. I go alot during the week since I work a 2nd shift and the entire range is usually open during the morning (if the police departments aren't using it). I think you would be fine doing "moving drills", but I'll check my handbook to be sure. Best of all, the annual dues are only $15 (I think) for non-Muhlenberg residents.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by QUADZILLA View Post
    I think Topton may be the closest for you with that set-up.

I belong to MASA (Muhlenberg area shooter's association), which is right off the River Rd exit on Rt 12 (headed towards Rt 61). The area is open with an earthen berm. As long as you're shooting at paper targets, you would be good to go. I go alot during the week since I work a 2nd shift and the entire range is usually open during the morning (if the police departments aren't using it). I think you would be fine doing "moving drills", but I'll check my handbook to be sure. Best of all, the annual dues are only $15 (I think) for non-Muhlenberg residents.
    I recently sent in my application fee for MASA and I'm waiting for the next indoctrination in FEB. I saw that they have low stress action shoots for pistol at University rifle club. University is closer to me as I live in St. Lawrence, but my uncle got me into MASA. Anybody know if you need to be a member for the organized shoots at University and do they do anything like that at MASA?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by sixstringer View Post
    I recently sent in my application fee for MASA and I'm waiting for the next indoctrination in FEB. I saw that they have low stress action shoots for pistol at University rifle club. University is closer to me as I live in St. Lawrence, but my uncle got me into MASA. Anybody know if you need to be a member for the organized shoots at University and do they do anything like that at MASA?
    To my best knowledge, MASA doesn't do anything like that. They do have a "fun shoot" day in the late spring where the entire public is welcome (but only members may shoot).

It would be something to ask at your orientation meeting. Margaret is a super nice person....she'll most likely be the one giving your meeting.

(Berks County)

yeah, I spoke to Margaret and she is very nice. Looking foward to being a member.nice facility.

You could join the University Rifle Club in Exeter Twp.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1974t150v View Post
    You could join the University Rifle Club in Exeter Twp.
    Where is that, and where can I find info about it? A google search mostly got me info about the same-name club in the UK.
    Liberal female handgun owner. Newbie. Need skills, practice, gun savvy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast