Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lawrence County)

Angry remington recall taking a long time

received a notice from Remington about a recall about my m700. took almost a month just to get the shipping box and mailing instructions. sent rifle in. got a letter stating the repair and return should take 3-4 weeks. week 7 called Remington and was told that due to volume of work load would be another 5 weeks. so here we are starting week 12 and still no rifle. good thing I have other rifles for hunting , need to start getting ready for the season . not real happy with Remington at this moment. o by the way when wife called Remington to ask about rifle, she was hung up on, placed on hold and disconnected twice before she got thru to a very snotty and rude man who told her be another 5 weeks before he hung up on her. so when rifle comes back there might be a few remingtons for sale .this is 1st time had any dealings with Remington. and if this is the way they handle there customer service , don't want anything to do with them. so in short anybody else have any dealings with them on the m700 recall.

dale

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: remington recall taking a long time

Quote Originally Posted by coalman View Post
    received a notice from Remington about a recall about my m700. took almost a month just to get the shipping box and mailing instructions. sent rifle in. got a letter stating the repair and return should take 3-4 weeks. week 7 called Remington and was told that due to volume of work load would be another 5 weeks. so here we are starting week 12 and still no rifle. good thing I have other rifles for hunting , need to start getting ready for the season . not real happy with Remington at this moment. o by the way when wife called Remington to ask about rifle, she was hung up on, placed on hold and disconnected twice before she got thru to a very snotty and rude man who told her be another 5 weeks before he hung up on her. so when rifle comes back there might be a few remingtons for sale .this is 1st time had any dealings with Remington. and if this is the way they handle there customer service , don't want anything to do with them. so in short anybody else have any dealings with them on the m700 recall.

dale
    I have basically the same story. Call today they told me 12 weeks is the average time. I'm not very happy with them it seems like they're dragging their heels, however considering the volume they're dealing with it's understandable . This is why I've been putting it off for so long. Next time I'll just spend the $100 and buy a timney!

(York County)

Good luck with your rifles, about eight years ago I had problems with a 11/87 turkey shotgun. Inside the action there is a little metal pin fussed to the side, this held the part that pivots and put the shell from the tube to the chamber. It broke 3 days before turkey season. Remington was notified about the problem and they wanted everything but the bbl. When I finally got word it was done, close to 3 months, the paper enclosed said, pin fixed, completely refinished, extra charge for no bbl. to be able to shoot to see if it would work and a 400. dollar bill for doing the work. I sold all my Remingtons but one, it was my fathers. When buying guns I don't even look at them.

(Lackawanna County)

I'm right there with you, but unfortunately I had to learn the hard way. As soon as my rifle gets back I'm trading it or selling it outright. There are plenty of options in the marketplace minus the headache.

(Philadelphia County)

Probably because they are scrambling to fix their R-51 pistol problem.

and, there's probably several thousand 700's still on the bench.

(Lawrence County)

update on rifle, Remington just emailed me stating that rifle is repaired and has shipped. now they are saying turn around time is at least 12 weeks , far cry from letter stating 3-4 week turnaround . oh well at least it is on way back to me

I would sell it and buy a CZ. Guys will be looking for a new rifle before deer season.

(Lawrence County)

another update, rifle just came today by ups , trigger seems stiffer haven't shot it yet, but think will follow thru with my plans on trading it towards a tc venture

(Monroe County)

My last 700, which will be my last Remmy, is affected but I will change the trigger myself.