Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Bethlehem Brew Works

Went to a get together tonight and was approached by an employee who asked me to cover or leave it in my vehicle. He said that a customer saw it and was worried.I didn't ask who he was or his "rank", didn't matter. Tried to feed me a line about the Liquor Control Board coming in and shutting them down because it is the law that an establishment that is licensed to serve alcohol can't have guns on the premises. I told him that the law doesn't forbid such and it might be their policy. He did say he would look into it. This guy was very nice, even asked me to stay if I would cover, made it clear that he was not throwing me out. I did tell him that I would just leave, pleasantly of course. Sinse that was going to be our supper, the family and I stopped by BK on the way home.
    ““Liberty is the right to choose. Freedom is the result of the right choice.””

-Anonymous

Jeff

Default Re: Bethlehem Brew Works

Quote Originally Posted by shooter357 View Post
    Went to a get together tonight and was approached by an employee who asked me to cover or leave it in my vehicle. He said that a customer saw it and was worried.I didn't ask who he was or his "rank", didn't matter. Tried to feed me a line about the Liquor Control Board coming in and shutting them down because it is the law that an establishment that is licensed to serve alcohol can't have guns on the premises. I told him that the law doesn't forbid such and it might be their policy. He did say he would look into it. This guy was very nice, even asked me to stay if I would cover, made it clear that he was not throwing me out. I did tell him that I would just leave, pleasantly of course. Sinse that was going to be our supper, the family and I stopped by BK on the way home.
    That's the way it should happen, they lose a Dinner for 4, to an uninformed idiot...

(Franklin County)

Great job respecting the establishment's rights while standing up for your own!
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Northampton County)

The get together was for a guy at work going back to UPSTATE NY but staying with the company. When I told him I needed to leave, he looked at me and said" You just got here". I told him that it was because of the gun and if it wasn't welcome then neither was I. I was at least happy to see him before he left. It's always the good ones that leave.
    ““Liberty is the right to choose. Freedom is the result of the right choice.””

-Anonymous

Jeff

(Northampton County)

I gotta hand it to all you guys who are OC'ing. Your willingness to openly express your support of the 2nd amendment, regardless of the personal cost in terms of missed gatherings such as this one or outright confict with LEO's, just impresses the hell out of me. I don't come anywhere near having sheer guts to carry open and I want to express my thanks for those of you who do. Thank You for truly defending our freedoms.

(Mercer County)

Good job. I'd write the owner and let him know what he/she lost. Also, try to determine their policy so you know whether or not you should ever return...
    Nine out of ten moderators approve of this post!

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Leftloose View Post
    I gotta hand it to all you guys who are OC'ing. Your willingness to openly express your support of the 2nd amendment, regardless of the personal cost in terms of missed gatherings such as this one or outright confict with LEO's, just impresses the hell out of me. I don't come anywhere near having sheer guts to carry open and I want to express my thanks for those of you who do. Thank You for truly defending our freedoms.

U shouldnt be worried about having the guts to OC. If you really want to OC you should meet with others who OC, so you would feel alot more comfortable doin it (get your feet wet) thats the advice i was givin here in this forum. And it was very helpfull and really worked. I Oc 90% of the time and have found that ppl are oblivious or just dont care..

BTW great way of handeling the encounter and standing up for our 2A rights

(Northampton County)

I OC'ed there last night without any issues.

I was in the downstairs part playing trivia so it was pretty dark...

(Lehigh County)

good job! you are better off leaving. the food is tripe and their beer is awful.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ten*K View Post
    good job! you are better off leaving. the food is tripe and their beer is awful.
    Their beer is pretty good IMO.

Can't say much about the food though.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast