Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Re: Bethlehem Brew Works

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Based on what? I don't seem to make people uncomfortable. Is this based on your extensive OC experience?
    Ok, I'm locking for a few minutes to let people catch up to the post about taking the OC v CC debate into appropriate threads.

IOW, debate Salem Poor in another thread.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by shooter357 View Post
    Before I go back, does anyone know if there is any merit to the guy's claim to the LCB having an issue with firearms?
    No merit.

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    This kind of thing is rather rare. It's like once or twice a year for people who OC 100% of the time, or even never.
    Exactly. I have been OC'ing for years. And as a rule for 3years or so. Literally thousands of businesses and have yet to be asked to leave (or not return).

The OP has lot's of OC time under his belt also. OC does not = missing engagements, etc. It's the rare exception.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

Went to a get together tonight and was approached by an employee who asked me to cover or leave it in my vehicle. He said that a customer saw it and was worried.I didn't ask who he was or his "rank", didn't matter. Tried to feed me a line about the Liquor Control Board coming in and shutting them down because it is the law that an establishment that is licensed to serve alcohol can't have guns on the premises. I told him that the law doesn't forbid such and it might be their policy. He did say he would look into it. This guy was very nice, even asked me to stay if I would cover, made it clear that he was not throwing me out. I did tell him that I would just leave, pleasantly of course. Sinse that was going to be our supper, the family and I stopped by BK on the way home.
    You handled that well but please make sure to follow up with management or ownership ... this could just be one persons opinion, especially since others have OC'd there with no issues.

(Mercer County)

Keep in mind that this was the first time I was in there and don't plan to go back ONLY because it's not my kind of place. I do, however, plan to go see them and at least thank the guy or let them know that I was treated as a guest and not someone beneath them or with contempt.
    While the bolded part may be the case, keep in mind that asking for official policy will help your fellow gun carriers to know whether or not the place is OC friendly.

Support those who support us!
    Nine out of ten moderators approve of this post!

(Venango County)

Went to a get together tonight and was approached by an employee who asked me to cover or leave it in my vehicle. He said that a customer saw it and was worried.I didn't ask who he was or his "rank", didn't matter. Tried to feed me a line about the Liquor Control Board coming in and shutting them down because it is the law that an establishment that is licensed to serve alcohol can't have guns on the premises. I told him that the law doesn't forbid such and it might be their policy. He did say he would look into it. This guy was very nice, even asked me to stay if I would cover, made it clear that he was not throwing me out. I did tell him that I would just leave, pleasantly of course. Sinse that was going to be our supper, the family and I stopped by BK on the way home.
    Now, wouldn't it be wonderful to have a cover garment that has an iron-on transfer picture of the very gun and rig right where it is / overtop of the actual firearm? That way when you cover it, it can still be seen!
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Northampton County)

shooter357 - BTW, my rep is empty. Good job.

(Schuylkill County)

Yea, that picture thing would be funny. But, how about a clear slicker type over coat, your covered but still can be easily seen.
    Republicans believe every day is July 4th Democrats believe every day is April 15

(Schuylkill County)

I often wonder !!! Customer complained that they worried about the sight of a gun visible on a customer. How does putting a thin layer of material over the top of the gun make the worry go away ???? Makes no sense to me. Great job by the way.
    Republicans believe every day is July 4th Democrats believe every day is April 15

(Lehigh County)

Stemming from all these discussions, here's a T-shirt I just designed as an alternative to wear when you're asked to "cover up" in an establishment. If there's enough interest, I'll put them up on Cafe Press. For now, just enjoy.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

(Montgomery County)

That is too funny!!!!

Ding ding ding ding.... "We Have a Winner!"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast