Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Blair County)

Default Centre Co. Sheriff NFA friendly?

Getting ready to do my paperwork for an SBR. Will the Sheriff sign off or do I need to go the trust route again?.

Default Re: Centre Co. Sheriff NFA friendly?

from the replies i got in response to questions about applying fro a ltcf a couple of people said that the centre county sherrif also has no problem signing off on nfa items. and i believe it with the ease i had getting my ltcf. i filled out the form at home and took it in and was in and out in 5 mins just a couple of days ago. i'll find out for sure soon enough. i've been eying up a couple cans and dying to build a suppressed sbr.

(Centre County)

I and many others have never had any problems with Sheriff Nau. He is Pro 2A and figures that if you passed the background check then why shouldn't you be able to own what you want. I know of at least 2 people that he signed off for their full auto purchases. He signed off on my suppressor paperwork with no comments other than he wants to see it and the gun and give it a try when I got it. BTW, He doesn't really like some of the PSP either. Also, depending on where you're going to get printed, for $20 the county prisom will do them and you get perfect print cards. They have the state of the art print machines and you don't get all inked up.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    Also, depending on where you're going to get printed, for $20 the county prisom will do them and you get perfect print cards. They have the state of the art print machines and you don't get all inked up.
    thats great to know. seems you always have teh answer and a bonus to go with it when you reply to something lol. i'll probably be dropping you a line in the next couple months btw im hoping to pick up a couple cheap lowers for builds. wish i woudlnt have missed out on those pafoa stamped lowers a while back.

(Blair County)

Awesome. Thanks for the quick replies.

I did my other SBR on a trust because my Co. Sheriff in Florida was not NFA friendly. This makes things much easier.

I went and got my LTCF today in Centre county actually. I made it there around 9:45 in the morning with my $26.00 money order (checks also accepted), and was in and out in 5 minutes. The ladies in their are real sweethearts, and even the LEO's I saw entering/exiting in my brief stay were surprisingly pleasant. They even shrunk down a copy and laminated it for me so I can have it in my wallet and the original in the car, overall a very good experience.

I didn't speak to anyone about the sheriff's policy on signing off on other things, but with as laid back an environment as it was, I can't see him being any different. The supreme authority in a place shapes its atmosphere......

(Centre County)

Denny will sign off on all NFA to the best of knowledge. So far I've seen him sign for Silencers, SBRs, SBSs, AOWs, and MG's.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Buy a silencer.

Tax: $200
    Cost of effective 5.56 suppressor: $500
    Letting the elderly neighbors sleep in until morning: Priceless.

"132 and Bush I've got him at gun point, OK gun point, 132 and bush, cover is code 3"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(Lehigh County)

i wish i could get a threadded barrel for my sr9.... im taking my fiancee up to get hers my next paycheck so i can have her carry in her purse around my parents.... i dont like carrying around them.... not gun friendly unless its for hunting... or my dad with sporting clays.... and since he's within spitting distance i really dont have an excuse not to go up there....

i wouldnt mind taking a crack at the suppressed gun... whatever it is..... that you have!!! would be my first suppressed gun fired

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrepp61 View Post
    i wish i could get a threadded barrel for my sr9.... im taking my fiancee up to get hers my next paycheck so i can have her carry in her purse around my parents.... i dont like carrying around them.... not gun friendly unless its for hunting... or my dad with sporting clays.... and since he's within spitting distance i really dont have an excuse not to go up there....

i wouldnt mind taking a crack at the suppressed gun... whatever it is..... that you have!!! would be my first suppressed gun fired
    Keep an eye out here. If I am planning a trip to the range than isn't a spontaneous one I usual post to see if anyone else is interested in going. I usually have at least one silencer with me when I am there, sometimes more depending on what I'm bringing to shoot.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Buy a silencer.

Tax: $200
    Cost of effective 5.56 suppressor: $500
    Letting the elderly neighbors sleep in until morning: Priceless.

"132 and Bush I've got him at gun point, OK gun point, 132 and bush, cover is code 3"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]