Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Red dot , but need more

Quote Originally Posted by MARKS146 View Post
    Why not this one. The price is right, and if it fails, throw it away.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SIMMONS-RED-DOT-...item5638e109f3
    ive owned one of those simmons. I had it on my Ruger mark II pistol They are decent , but I want something that I can also use the iron sights on as well. Red dots always seem to run out of battery just at the wrong time. Im thinking of a cantelever mount and a smaller red dot. Im waiting till the cover with the rails get here ( hopefully today or monday) then I will decide on the scope.

I just finished the stock of the MAK-90 its going on. I made the thumbhole bigger, gave it a much lower profile and a pronounced cheek peice. I also added finger groves to the grip and then stained it all ebony. Ive got two coats of tung oil on it now but have company comming so had to stop. Monday Im going to do the fore peices in ebony to match.
    No longer posting

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Red dot , but need more

Well i finally got the new cover with rails in. Its decent , it needs some fitting to get a good hard fit. The nice thing about it is you can see the iron sights through the channel on top so that helped narrow down my scope search.

I went with a ACOG clone made by Guide gear ( bass pro , cabelas ). It is a red dot fashioned to look like a ACOG and has sights on top of the scope as well. I paid just under $50 for it on gunbroker so we will see what quality it is when it gets here.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=154674113
    No longer posting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12