Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default UNREPAIRABLE PYTHON..THANK YOU COLT

Back in June, I sent my 'new to me' python back to colt due to a problem with way too many misfires. The primer strikes were way off center and even though it locked up tight, I figured it had to be a timing issue. Colt got back to me saying the problem was due to the hole for the firing pin being drilled off center. Since the python is no longer made, they offered to replace it with an SAA or refund my full purchase price. I got the check today. I think they were real generous in their offer and since I was not the original owner, they could have just shrugged their shoulders and returned to gun to me. I wanted to publicly thank colt for standing up for their product and let people know that some of the things we have all heard about colt service may not be the real story.
    That python was my favorite and I was real disappointed when I lost it. I'll be keeping an eye open for a replacement. Wish colt still made them.

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: UNREPAIRABLE PYTHON..THANK YOU COLT

To stand by their product even though you weren't the original owner, and buy it outright from you, goes to say a lot about Colt.

I had a Python for several years, traded it back to my uncle for something that I wouldn't worry about scratching or whatnot. It still today is my favorite handgun even I dont own it anymore.

I'm sure you'll find another one again. I know I will too..

Everyone, and I mean everyone, should get a chance to shoot a Python. There is no trigger like it. Smoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooth is the word.
    Last edited by knight0334; August 20th, 2007 at 04:39 AM.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: UNREPAIRABLE PYTHON..THANK YOU COLT

You should try a factory custom shop trigger job on a Python. The trigger pull is unbelievable, smooth and constant. Still my favorite target gun. I shoot light load.38 Special wad cutters. One ragged hole. I have a Blue 6" that I bought off Tex out at Greater Pitt. Someone ordered it and never came back to pick it up.
    Tex let me have it for less than $600 brand new in the box.