Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Lehigh County's Misinformation Campaign

this is almost as bad as the junk the Delaware County sheriff puts out on his pamphlets.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Allegheny County)

Question>>>

In the real world of business anything we publish is discoverable in a court of law. If the local county official publishes something, this would be discoverable as well.

If a published document by the local sheriff shows a clear misunderstanding of a law would this not bring into question their entire understanding of the law?

(Lehigh County)

I open carry all over Whitehall/Allentown because I don't drive anywhere and alos I currently am not able to aquire my LTC so I open carry everywhere. I haven't been stopped yet by any LEO's. I've got some questions from public but nothing more than a few eye opener's really and I OC in Giant, Walmart Sunoco, 7-11, dunkin dounts... so far no problems. I've heard to stay away from Leigh valley mall ac far as OC'ing. I haven't myself tried it there. But I dunno about what the sheriff's office says about discouraging OC'ing I think that is VERY WRONG!! I will more than happily Back ANYONE willing to stand up for there rights. THATS WHAT A RIGHT IS, SOMETHING THAT CANNOT BE TAKEN AWAY. If they can be taken away they are PRIVELAGES!
    Stand up for your rights. I hope someone changes that if not let me know and I'll personally wlak down and inform of the LAW so yeah let me know gentleman.

(Lehigh County)

Once upon a time, long ago, late eighties or early nineties we had a pro gun sheriff. His name was Neidermire or something close to that. He was a Republican but Trooper Rossi beat him in a close election in a year when only Demorats won and we've been stuck with him ever since. He must be what the majority of Lehigh wants because he keeps winning.
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

(Lebanon County)

Before I start ranting about other posts I just wanted to say thanks to the OP for starting this. Back when I got my LTCF I sent a copy of Pa Patriots training memo to the Sheriff (along with every Sheriff in the state), and many LE agencies. I also sent e mails and left telephone messages. Rossi never responded to any of it. I also sent letters, e mails, and made phone calls to the mayor, the city attorney, the DA, and the police chief. None of them responded. However if several others are willing to start harassing him (them) about this stuff then it may well get changed.

I've since moved to Lebanon, so I'm not certain of my current standing but I will gladly try to participate in any effort to get this stuff fixed. I'm already trying to get the APD to improve their training

Quote Originally Posted by Salem Poor View Post
    That's too bad since it was rather sage advice. It may be your right to open carry in Philadelphia, but you will be stopped and you will get a hassle. Is it right, no. Is it reality, most definitely. So unless you have time to spare instead of places you need to be... the by all means open carry. But if you are like me have have places to go and people you need to see in a timely manner, I would suggest not doing so, I mean who needs the hassle.
    NO YOU WILL NOT! I see your new, but it seems like I've posted this about 5 times in the last two weeks so forgive me if I'm getting a little short tempered about it. Please read my log thread
    http://www.pafoa.org/forum/concealed...c-journal.html
    pay special attention June 2009 when I was Philly a lot. Ordinarily I'm there anywhere between twice a month to once every two months, but last June I spent most of a week there. Every time in my log thread it says "Port Richmond" that is Philly. I don't list the specific places there because of my wife's family but rest assured we go shopping, to the movies, fishing, get gas, go to restaurants, etc. I've been in every retail store in the Castor and Aramingo area and many in other areas. I've eaten in the Aramingo diner, and at that Applebee's, and at the one way down Aramingo before the one on Castor was built too. I've been to Spaghetti warehouse, and a dozen other restaurants throughout the city. I've been in two or three in Philly's China town. I've been in the shopright that contains the bank which was the target in the case where the cop got killed by a guy with an SKS last year. I've been all over the boulevard from up beyond Grant down to where the mall is and closer in. I've been in Dave and Busters, and in the Target and Wal Mart, and Old Navy down on Delaware. I've been in that BBQ rib place on Delaware that I think has closed. All of it O fucking C.

I OCed into the fucking 15th/2nd district building and the officer behind the window did not arrrest, detain, tase, or beat me. I have not gotten two in my melon. I have had exactly 1 run in while in Philly and it turned out the guy was full of shit, and wasn't really a cop. I have been promised by a district captain on the phone that I will be arrested but I have not been arrested. I gassed up many times right across the street from the 15th/2nd district building while officers came and went getting coffee and no one tased me bro!

Quote Originally Posted by IronSight View Post
    I'm starting to think we ought to get together a file that includes all the county's "supplemental" forms. I'd be willing to get one started, I'm able to pick up the Buck's county stuff today (I'll be going to the sheriff's office w/ a friend today, he's applying for his LTCF).

One of the problems is that people do not seem to understand how important EVERY election really is.
    <sigh>
    Sheriff letters and documents
    http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkb...ffletters.html

Businesses that allow OC by official policy
    http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkba/poclist.html

Businesses that prohibit OC/CC by official policy
    http://home.comcast.net/~2a.rights/L...CarryList.html

Document archive
    http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkba/archive.html

List of agencies sent a copy of Pa Patriots training memo, a practice that largely stopped once MPOETC added OC to their annual act 180 training updates
    http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/leolist.html

I have some more documents to add to the archive, hopefully today, and will try to get the documents from this thread posted to the Sheriff's letters page hopefully today.
    If you don't know who your state legislators are go here:
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/index.cfm
    put your zip plus 4 in the box in the upper right hand corner.

(Lehigh County)

I noticed this when I was applying for mine...gave me pause as I contemplated the ridiculousness
    Bullets will be the currency of the future

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123