Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Luzerne County)

Default Duty Holster choice: Safariland 6280 or 6360 ?

Familiar with 6280. Considering getting one + the Sentry (making it Level III) and the high ride belt adapter.

But what about the 6360? Any one have one? It looks to be the same as the 6280 but with the ALS + SLS.... Does not seem to be a high ride adapter but I am confident I could make one work (have machine tools )

Any input appreciated.
    Last edited by Pa. Patriot; January 20th, 2010 at 08:21 PM.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

Default Re: Duty Holster choice: Safariland 6280 or 6360 ?

I have a 6280 with the SLS rotating hood for my P220. It's a good solid level II holster. I like it for general use & open carry. It's built like a tank, but a bit on the heavy side.

Before I bought this one I tried the 6360 & a concealment holster with just the ALS. Personally, I didn't like the thumb release at all. The motion just didn't seem natural, but with a lot of practice I suppose I could get the hang of it. In the end, the SLS seemed sufficient for me, but if you need a level III, the 6360 would be an excellent choice.

If you're near an Atlantic Tactical, they have a very good supply of Safariland duty holsters for you to try.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Berks County)

We carry our M&P's in the the 6360 and although the transition to the new rigs/guns caused a lot of sore thumbs I love them both. Didn't think I would like the retention hood guard but I actually find it very natural to rest my forearm on it making it nearly impossible for someone to rotate the hood from behind. They are pricey but I love it. Two thumbs up.

(Monroe County)

Seems like quite the system.

Patriot do you plan on using this rig for OC? It seems like a behemoth of a set up..
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(York County)

I've got a 6368 with SLS for my G21. It's a great, secure holster, rides high as I like. I removed the SLS hood assembly as that particular feature I wasnt looking for, just all the others it offered in a paddle holster. Unfortunately, I think they stopped making this exact one in a paddle style, but you might be able to call them up and have them custom make one for you since the paddle components bolt on.

I need to find a similar one for my wife's G30sf.

(York County)

I might add that the paddle system on mine is excellent. It hold all the weight on there from a loaded G21 fine when using a decent gun belt.

(Luzerne County)

Thanks a lot for the input guys. I got busy the week I posted this and never followed up.. I ended up getting the 6280 with sentry add-on and hi-ride belt adapter.
    Review posted here:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/open-carry-14...er-review.html

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie