Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: C & E Gun Show (Monroeville Convention Center)

I have been to the last 2 of these shows. IMO, they are quite different from the Greensburg PGCA shows. A lot more "tactical" equipment in nature, and a lot of different dealers. That being said, my conversations with many of the dealers at the October show seemed to indicate that a lot of them weren't sure about traveling as far as they had to continue doing this show. I hope they do, because the room is much, much better than the Greensburg site. But, who are we kidding, we'd dodge piles of steaming buffalo crap and stand in the rain to look at guns and stuff, so I am sure the room means more to the dealers than the customers..... I have to say, though, that I was really disappointed in the December show. Dealers were fewer than for the October show, and I walked out with a pocket full of money that I couldn't find a thing to really spend it on. One thing to remember about the December show was that Pittsburgh was hit on Sunday morning of the show with a phenomenal ice storm that paralyzed the city until mid afternoon, severely limiting the crowd and I suspect sending more than a few dealers home early. It was really striking to me, that there were very few dealers that frequented both the PGCA and this show....not sure if the PGCA had any input to their dealers about attending this show as well, but I found it very refreshing to deal with many from the midwest or the Virginia area that were in for the shows. I hope they continue, and I hope this show really grows.

As for the parking situation, a semi-disturbing experience at the December show.....back in October, the lot was overflowing, so many of us parked in an adjacent lot that must belong to a Babies'R'Us. The cars were parked well away from any door to the store, and were at the far edge of the lot. In December, however, I observed yellow-jacketed security preventing anyone from parking in this other lot. Fortunately for me, I went to the show as the ice storm lifted, and parking was well available in the lot for the Expo hall. Wonder if the security limited parking because it was close to Christmas, or if there is a "you can't park in my lot" turf war going on. If that is the case, I'm going in to Babies R Us, buying a pack of gum and leaving my car there overnight. lol. Well, enjoy the show, I am looking forward to it. You just have to be careful with some of the dealers, they may have just come from a show where they can still name their own prices on ammo and certain guns, not realizing that PA is pretty darn competitive and most of us have done a fair amount of shopping and know fair prices for what we are looking for.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    The annual show in Indiana at Novosel's reception hall next to the PSP barracks is the same weekend. I wonder how many of the Indiana show regular dealers will be staying at Indiana, or setting up at the Monroeville show?

I'm going to Indiana first, and depending on weather and fatigue I may drive the extra hr to Monroeville.

Noah
    Yea, we thought about Indiana, but we're gonna try Monroeville first.

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

(Allegheny County)

Was just by the Monroeville convention center this afternoon. I think the boat show is going on. There was no security at the Babies R Us and I don't recall seeing any signs. Hope it's not just a Babies Hate Guns thing going on here.

Also did not look like there was much, if any, parking going on in the Baby's lot.
    Koli's back from Ambler.

(Allegheny County)

Update:

Was by the convention center again yesterday. There are signs in the JoAnn Fabric/Baby's R Us lot stating that there is no event/convention parking allowed and vehicles will be towed. Still observed no guard.
    Koli's back from Ambler.

(Indiana County)

I went to the Dec show, was there when it opened, found a place right across from the doors to park.
    The restrooms were clean and it was nice to not have to use a porta-crapper like at the PGCA sweat-o-rama.

Lots of different dealers than are at the Wmlnd shows.
    Prices were all over IMO, the localish dealers were more in tune to the local pricing, some of the out of staters were off the mark and didn't see too interested in wheeling and dealing.

I will be going again this time.

(Allegheny County)

Just an FYI for those planning to go on Day 1 - the weather here is lousy with snow, and travel issues will certainly cause some no-shows for the first few hours.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Allegheny County)

anyone know if the show is canceled or still on?

(Allegheny County)

Is this still on?

(Allegheny County)

I just called the Convention Center and the woman who answered said it was still on, but that they were "running behind". I was thinking about going today, but there is the question of how many dealers are showing up and when. Also, I wonder what the parking lot is like... I suppose I'll go tomorrow, along with everyone else That could be messy!

(Beaver County)

If anyone goes Saturday could you please let us know if many dealers are there? I’m thinking of going Sunday.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast