Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Re: IWB holster for fat guys?

Quote Originally Posted by AR-15 Outlaw View Post
    that holster looks like exactly what i been looking for but sadly they dont seem to make one for a glock 20... guess i might have to buy another gun soon nobody seems to make a good iwb holster for a glock 20 for under $80
    Crossbreed, brah!

Very cool thread, being a jolly young fellow my self some very interesting info.

I am looking at making myself a Kydex holster at some point. I have a pistol that does not have a lot of options for holsters. I have heard that holsters for a baby eagle will fit. Going to test this out next gun show.

side note, being belly and no ass who has to keep adding holes to there belt to keep pants up?

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    Crossbreed, brah!
    they list a g21 which im pretty sure is the exact same size as the g20. if im right i think i need to get myself a super tuck deluxe and a gun belt from them very soon.

the past 2 days of owb carry with the g20 and a spare clip has suck my pants to all time low lol

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by AR-15 Outlaw View Post
    they list a g21 which im pretty sure is the exact same size as the g20. if im right i think i need to get myself a super tuck deluxe and a gun belt from them very soon.

the past 2 days of owb carry with the g20 and a spare clip has suck my pants to all time low lol
    i don't think i've ever heard of someone who didn't like their Crossbreed. i don't have one, only because concealing isn't a priority for me.

(Delaware County)

i don't think i've ever heard of someone who didn't like their Crossbreed. i don't have one, only because concealing isn't a priority for me.

Totally agree. I just bought a Pure Kustom which is as comfortable as the Crossbreed (I've had 4) and can be worn OWB or IWB. It was expensive, like $175, but its beautiul and tough as hell. If your going to carry IWB only, get a Crossbreed ASAP an dont look back, if you want a few options check out Pure Kustom.
    Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Amen. **PROUD III**

Quote Originally Posted by Pagoda240 View Post
    Very cool thread, being a jolly young fellow my self some very interesting info.

I am looking at making myself a Kydex holster at some point. I have a pistol that does not have a lot of options for holsters. I have heard that holsters for a baby eagle will fit. Going to test this out next gun show.

side note, being belly and no ass who has to keep adding holes to there belt to keep pants up?
    Try JSHolsters.... They make kydex CC holsters. I have a TAM for my Sig P239...

(Venango County)

As a fellow fatty I can relate, here's what works for me.

See this thread. http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-car...c-holster.html

An all Kydex IWB may be ok for a quick 5 minute run to the store, but it will rub your ass raw if you wear it all day. Nothing beats leather or at least leather backed for all day comfort.

If you're tired of messing with belt holes try one of these. They wear like iron and make kick ass gun belts.

http://store.thewilderness.com/produ...oducts_id=2007

Need I remind you gentlemen that it is not fat? It is organic body armor! Not only that, when the collapse of society happens, and people are scurrying around worrying about their food supply, we have ours already stashed. It is portable and personal. What better situation could there be?

(Westmoreland County)

think about it. let's say you're in a situation where you need to draw you're gun. not only do you have to lift your shirt/throw back your jacket/reach into your pants/lift up your gut, you'd then have to disengage any retention device holding on to your gun. that's way too slow during an emergency situation.
    Bolded is mine.

Everyone knows the saying "the best gun to carry is the one you have with you" or "the best gun to carry is the you will actually carry". Which is true, leaving your firearm at home because you find it a "bother" or "uncomfortable" to conceal doesn't do you any good. But remember that your holster is a vital part on your carry system. It must fit you well, be comfortable, and provide a proper solution for your wardrobe and environment. It is because of this that I do not believe there is any one perfect solution. I am also a bigger guy with a gut that is way to big and love-handles that make IWB carry completely out of the question. I carry a Kimber Pro CDP II or a Sig Sauer P229; both have a full size frame and a 4" barrel. My preferred holster is a small-of-back that sits on my strong side, in the 4 o'clock position. So, I guess you can say that it is actually being worn as a strong-side holster with an exaggerated FBI tilt. This works perfect for my build and cloths. I mainly wear shorts and a Polo during the summer and khakis and a polo during the cooler months.

I realize this thread is a bit old but wanted to join and share my opinion on holsters. They are a vital part of your carry system. If you have a gun that you shoot well and are comfortable with, carry it. Don't let spending a little more on a holster stop you!

"Beware the man who only has one gun. HE PROBABLY KNOWS HOW TO USE IT!"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast