Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Washington County)

Default OK.. more new .380 pistols, so, "Hey industry!, where's the ammo?"

On my lunch break I read over at gunblast.com that a Florida company has a new pistol in .380, the Diamondback. I aslo see that sig has a pocket pistol out in 2 tone, and Ruger has a new color of LCP.

Probably are a few more of these pistols on the way. So that begs the question... where the hell is the ammo to practice with the things? I can find most calibers out there at a half decent price, but .380 has been rising as stocks fall.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: OK.. more new .380 pistols, so, "Hey industry!, where's the ammo?"

Bravermans has .380 ammo at a decent price if your looking bought some there for $16.99 a box of 50
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(Bucks County)

As of yesterday, Ammunitiontogo had Fiochi in stock for like 17$ a box.

*edit* that didn't last long. Check back regularly, they always have it fairly priced and it comes in at the weirdest times. Keep in mind they are out of Texas.

-Zach

Quote Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
    On my lunch break I read over at gunblast.com that a Florida company has a new pistol in .380, the Diamondback. I aslo see that sig has a pocket pistol out in 2 tone, and Ruger has a new color of LCP.

Probably are a few more of these pistols on the way. So that begs the question... where the hell is the ammo to practice with the things? I can find most calibers out there at a half decent price, but .380 has been rising as stocks fall.

(Allegheny County)

Sadly, a 50 rd box of ammo will last for years in the hands of many gun owners.

Owning and shooting are two different animals.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Washington County)

As are practice and training (which is where I plan to spend most of my firearms funds this year)

(Allegheny County)

Gander Mountain Greensburg had some 50 round boxes in stock Friday, January 29 in the morning. I bought 2 boxes so I can at least send some rounds down range in my new Ruger LCP at an affordable price. First 50 round boxes I've seen in 2 months of checking various Gander Mountains & Wal-Marts.

(Lehigh County)

I confess, I've never even seen .380 ammo and I've looked at WW, A/N, Boyds, Dicks. Main reason I eliminated the LCP and chose the LCR.

(Allegheny County)

If you don't mind remanufactured ammo, www.mastercast.net has .380 ammo at a VERY nice price. They are about 30 minutes northeast of the Pittsburgh airport. I just bought 400 rounds of lead RN .380 ammo. They also sell Total Copper Jacket ammo for those that don't want to shoot lead.

I have used their cast lead bullets in 9mm, .45 acp, and .40 S&W and it is a high quality item. I intend to shoot all 400 of these .380 rounds and will buy more. Nice product.

(Jefferson County)

I hope they ramp up 380 production soon. I just got another a couple weeks ago and I've been eyeball'n my girlfriend's stash of 380 ammo that I gave her 3 years ago.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!