Ok, if we got any lawyers in here, I'd really like to know the answer to this.

According to the PA Uniform Firearms Act, the fee for getting an LTCF is $25. It also says that anyone who charges more is guilty of a summary offense:

18 Pa.C.S. § 6109: Licenses
(h) Fee.--
(1) In addition to fees described in paragraphs (2)(ii) and (3), the fee for a license to carry a firearm is $19. This includes all of the following:
(2)
(ii) An additional temporary fee of $5 shall be remitted by the sheriff to the Firearms License to Carry Modernization Account, which is hereby established as a special restricted receipt account within the General Fund of the State Treasury. Moneys and investment income in the account shall be awarded as grants to sheriffs to implement the system, including grants to reimburse sheriffs for expenses incurred prior to the effective date of this paragraph.
(3) An additional fee of $1 shall be paid by the applicant for a license to carry a firearm and shall be remitted by the sheriff to the Firearms License Validation System Account, which is hereby established as a special restricted receipt account within the General Fund of the State Treasury. The account shall be used for purposes under subsection (l). Moneys credited to the account and any investment income accrued are hereby appropriated on a continuing basis to the Pennsylvania State Police.
(7) A person who sells or attempts to sell a license to carry a firearm for a fee in excess of the amounts fixed under this subsection commits a summary offense.

If that's the case, how is the Lehigh County Sheriff legally allowed to charge $38 instead of $25? How is Bucks County allowed to charge $46?

Am I reading the law incorrectly? If I'm reading it correctly, then how in the holy heck is this tolerated?!