Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Wayne County)

Smile First open carry in Wayne county

Well, after reading all the posts from you guys I decided to go OC. I live in a community on Lake Wallenpaupack and wanted to see what kind of a reaction I'd get. I started by going down to the mail boxes and went when i knew there would be a lot of traffic and not even a funny look, next I went back to the house and did some clean up and landscaping for about 2 hours and not even a second look from the neighbors, then down to the neighbors house to discuss the possibility of some bear activity last night talked for an hour or so no reaction, lastly took the dog for walk around the neighborhood only reaction was from a neighbor who knows me asked if I was really that fed up with front plater's. All in all very boring. PS did find bear tracks and droppings behind the house. This is the rig I wore out today.

(Cambria County)

Default Re: First open carry in Wayn county

When I went to school to be a cop. Our instructor told us that if you wanted to get away with smoking a joint. Stand on the busiest street corner and just fire it up and smoke. No one would believe that you were smoking a joint. And most people won't even notice.

Hence your open carry. Most people really don't pay that much attention to each other any more. We are in our own little worlds.

I know I find myself looking for bumps under shirts all the time now to see if I can catch someone carrying. And either no one is. Or they are hiding it pretty darn good. I always surprise the betterhalf when I pull the pistol out to take it off. She looks at me and says, "I didn't even know you had that on you today." If she don't notice, no one will that isn't looking for it.

If no one noticed you carrying OC, imagine how easy it is to carry concealed and get away with no one knowing.

OH, nice rig.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

Quote Originally Posted by rich View Post
    Well, after reading all the posts from you guys I decided to go OC. I live in a community on Lake Wallenpaupack and wanted to see what kind of a reaction I'd get. I started by going down to the mail boxes and went when i knew there would be a lot of traffic and not even a funny look, next I went back to the house and did some clean up and landscaping for about 2 hours and not even a second look from the neighbors, then down to the neighbors house to discuss the possibility of some bear activity last night talked for an hour or so no reaction, lastly took the dog for walk around the neighborhood only reaction was from a neighbor who knows me asked if I was really that fed up with front plater's. All in all very boring. PS did find bear tracks and droppings behind the house. This is the rig I wore out today.
    Looks like you are "ready for bear" with that fine rig!
    Congrats,
    mrwildroot
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

(Luzerne County)

Good job!

Now that you've tested the water with your toes come on in, the water is fine

Seriously. Baby steps. The anticipation is greater than the experience. It will fade over time.

Nice rig. I am a huge Sparks fan. I have the same holster in cordovan. As coincidence would have it I also wore mine during today's OC'ing.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: First open carry in Wayne county

Quote Originally Posted by rich View Post
    ... took the dog for walk around the neighborhood only reaction was from a neighbor who knows me asked if I was really that fed up with front plater's.
    What's a "front plater"???

(Lancaster County)

cars from out of state???they have a front plate
    Chill out it's a gun not a pipe bomb

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by all4fun257 View Post
    cars from out of state???they have a front plate
    learn something new everyday.

(Chester County)

That would be NY. We had front plates there. The NYS Gov wants to get you coming and going.

I have read articles that the NYer's are swarming the pocono area and the kids are causing big problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Lougotzz View Post
    That would be NY. We had front plates there. The NYS Gov wants to get you coming and going.

I have read articles that the NYer's are swarming the pocono area and the kids are causing big problems.
    I'm from NYC, I left just recently. Less than 2 months ago. And you are right, NY people are fleeing to the poconos. Why? Advertising. Every place you go in NYC you see "come to the poconos", "live in the poconos", "shop at the outlets". And they offer packages with the house, a tiny bit of property, and of course the biggie---"less than 2 hours from the city". 2 things NYers love, short drive to NYC and shopping. And if they can get this for under 1/2 million, they are on their way. NYers lilke to spend, and they do. Most of who move to the poconos are afraid of "country living". They don't want property, they hate critters, Nyers are LAZY. They want everything done for them, and they like all the hype advertising of the poconos. Its almost "trendy". If the poconos has a "starbucks", they will be there. NYers also like congestion. They need close neighbors to complain to, and to brag to. Problem is the poconos is very affordable to a NYer. If PA priced itself like Connecticut, they would stay in NY.
    Sorry about the post hijack.

(Wayne County)

Talking Re: First open carry in Wayne county

New Jersey also front platers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast