Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: primers

Default primers

does anyone know where i can find any primers

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: primers

What do you need? I have some stashed ...

Chambersburg PA (Pure Appalachia), Pennsylvania
    (Franklin County)

Can't say anything about in your corner of Missouri, but around here, in PA (Pure Apalachia), they are becoming very much available, and at reasonable prices, like the low $30's per k. Even in smaller market areas. You might have to go to the Big City.

Flash
    "The life unexamined is not worth living." ....... Socrates

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by savage308 View Post
    does anyone know where i can find any primers
    Wideners. They have tons of Wolf, PMC small pistol, and other odds and ends from other companies currently in stock.
    loose≠lose; you're=you are; 'your' shows possession.

Quote Originally Posted by max384 View Post
    Wideners. They have tons of Wolf, PMC small pistol, and other odds and ends from other companies currently in stock.
    thank god for wolf, i think they broke the ice for prices. everything was very expensive until i started seeing wolf on the market. 5100 Lp (wolf) so far, and only about 5 duds.. not bad.
    FJB

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Can't say anything about in your corner of Missouri, but around here, in PA (Pure Apalachia), they are becoming very much available, and at reasonable prices, like the low $30's per k. Even in smaller market areas. You might have to go to the Big City.

Flash
    In October 2006, I was paying $18/1000, now I am paying $34/1000. Should it drop another $10, then I would call it reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    thank god for wolf, i think they broke the ice for prices. everything was very expensive until i started seeing wolf on the market. 5100 Lp (wolf) so far, and only about 5 duds.. not bad.
    Are these the same primers they use in their ammo manufacturing or are these specifically for the retail market?
    I use CCI#41 for .223 and Winchester for everything else, no duds yet, and that was many thousands of rounds ago.
    ““Liberty is the right to choose. Freedom is the result of the right choice.””

-Anonymous

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by shooter357 View Post

Are these the same primers they use in their ammo manufacturing or are these specifically for the retail market?
    I use CCI#41 for .223 and Winchester for everything else, no duds yet, and that was many thousands of rounds ago.
    good question.. i have no idea, but they seem to work fine except for the few duds.
    FJB

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    good question.. i have no idea, but they seem to work fine except for the few duds.
    I've had mixed results with wolf. I've found they are a bit tougher to seat than federals (what I usually use). I've had no problems in firing the small rifle primers. The large pistol, on the other hand, I've had numerous ignition problems with. I'd say I average about 2 to 3 or so per 100 that I have to strike subsequent times in order for it to ignite (with several different guns). I can live with that for practice ammo.... especially when that's about all the primers that are available right now.
    loose≠lose; you're=you are; 'your' shows possession.

Quote Originally Posted by max384 View Post
    I've had mixed results with wolf. I've found they are a bit tougher to seat than federals (what I usually use). I've had no problems in firing the small rifle primers. The large pistol, on the other hand, I've had numerous ignition problems with. I'd say I average about 2 to 3 or so per 100 that I have to strike subsequent times in order for it to ignite (with several different guns). I can live with that for practice ammo.... especially when that's about all the primers that are available right now.
    i cant quite remember but i think they were winchester primers that i had problems with. i had about 100 or so out of 5000 that were over sized, they would get stuck in the tubes, get crushed during priming. a lot of down time using them.
    FJB

Check Powder Valley Inc.

They looked to have a bunch of stuff in stock last time I looked...pretty good prices too. Only thing is you have to pay haz-mat on top of shipping if you get primers/powder through the mail, so unless you're ordering a good amount, it ends up being a little pricey.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast