Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default WBAL Watercooler Question of the Day!

Do you think law abiding citizens in Maryland should be allowed to carry concealed weapons? http://www.wbaltv.com/news/17179119/detail.html Watercooler question of the day.
    3%er "The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.." -G. K. Chesterton

(Centre County)

Default Re: WBAL Watercooler Question of the Day!

Email sent:

Do you think law abiding citizens in Maryland should be allowed to carry concealed weapons?
    Send your responses to watercooler@wbaltv.com... and we'll read some of them on air at 6:45am.

Dear Madam or sir:

I only ask for the same considerations that you enjoy on a daily basis.

I suspect that you believe so strongly in the 1st Amendment that you would go to extra-ordinary lengths to practice and preserve your rights.

I believe just as strongly in my 2nd Amendment rights.

I would never ask you to curb or limit your Freedom of Speech. I would back your fight to ensure that you never lost said freedom. I am sad to see though that many (of you?) who believe so strongly in the 1st Amendment are all too willing to allow my 2nd Amendment Freedoms to be slowly eroded away with nary a peep of protest from those of you who have the biggest, loudest voice.

Should law abiding citizens in Maryland be allowed to carry concealed weapons? Let me answer this question with a question: Should you be permitted to exercise your Right of Free Speech?

I would have loved to go into more depth about this question but knowing of your time limitations (even if you were to choose this answer) you would not be able to read all that I have to say.

Just remember: If you are one who does not agree with allowing citizens the right to carry concealed weapons.....what will you do when the government decides to limit one of the Rights you hold to be dear?

Sincerely: TheF00L

(Centre County)

Unfortunately this occurred:

Mail Delivery Subsystem <MAILER-DAEMON@ibsys.com> to 84cork@gmail.com
    5:49am

The original message was received at Tue, 19 Jan 2010 04:49:32 -0600
    from imss7gw001.ibsys.com [10.1.40.20]

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
    mviscount@hearst.com
    (reason: 550 No such user - psmtp)
    (expanded from: <watercooler@wbaltv.com>)

----- Transcript of session follows -----
    ... while talking to hearst.com.s7a1.psmtp.com.:
    >>> RCPT To:<mviscount@hearst.com>
    <<< 550 No such user - psmtp
    550 5.1.1 mviscount@hearst.com... User unknown

Quote Originally Posted by TheF00L View Post
    Unfortunately this occurred:
    Your comments did get posted on that site though, I just saw them.

(Lehigh County)

Unfortunately, up until now, the people of Maryland have only heard things like this:

I say NO WAY. The majority of the fans that attend the Ravens home games are "Law Abiding Citizens" but can you imagine how many NFL Game Officals, the ones in the Black & White stripes, would be in danger??? Then there's "Road Rage"................. Foxhole JR, White Marsh

Carrying concealed weapons will only escalate gun violence; and isn't that what we are trying to curtail? We should be passing stricter laws concerning weapon ownership, legal and criminal. This is another example of the 'wild west' mentality Americans have regarding our beloved 'second amendment', outdated as it may be. Gun control is a necessity. Dave S., Hamilton

No No No the Ordinary citizens do not need to carry concealed weapons. This would be disastrous for Law Enforcement Personnel. They Have enough problems with Citizens carrying Weapons without having to worry about concealed Weapons. Richard In Odenton

There sre enough loose screws roaming around with concealed weapons as it is, why make it easier for other "rightgeous" loose screws to have the opportunity to kill someone in a second of anger. Over 300 people died in Maryland ;lst years from gun violence. Do we really need to make concealed weapons legal so we can increse that number in 2010? JB, Baltimore
    Typos are not mine...direct quote from the site.
    There's a bill in Committee right now that would grant reciprocity to Pennsylvania LTCF holders. If you want to carry in Maryland, this might be the best shot at it for a while. Stand up and voice your opinion, BE HEARD. Sometimes the First Amendment is the best way to protect the Second Amendment.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

(Washington County)

My two cents:

I say sure, why should Maryland be out of the loop when it comes to the personal protection responsibilities of its people? Look at the FBI stats from last year... more first time gun buyers, lots less crime overall. I may not understand why one needs a permit to carry out a right and why it is restricted in some states, but that's a topic for another day.

Let's make Marylanders equal in ability to those of other states.

(Adams County)

Sent my email in, but I have no idea how to post it here. You guys will just have to check for it.
    I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy. Hippie and 3%er.

(York County)

I sent something similar to that which I e-mailed the legislators

See also:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-car...-valid-md.html
    Let us never forget the sacrifice of those who have fought for us all.

(Berks County)

Maryland responsible citzens who pass the same criteria as in other states should be granted CCW permits. After all they are Americans just like the rest of the us who do have the CCW permits.
    CZ75 P-01 & Colt AR-15 6920

(Adams County)

Gun control was a discriminatory act 140 years ago in the south and it still is in places such as MD, just different groups of people being discriminated against. Today in MD, it's anyone without wads of cash or political connections.

I'm sure any bunkies of Owe'Malley, Busch or Miller that want to go around strapped have no problem getting an "impossible to get" MD concealed carry permit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast