Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default BATF Notice Bans Private Gun Sales In Texas

Ok, I usually don't post things from this particular writer, but it seemed important so I bit the bullet.

BATF Notice Bans Private Gun Sales In Texas

http://www.prisonplanet.com/batf-not...-in-texas.html

I can't find any more information on the web other than this article. All I have been able to find is chatter on other forums and re-posts of the article above.

Make of it what you will......

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: BATF Notice Bans Private Gun Sales In Texas

I beleive this only applies to the gunshow in austin, which I beleive that the promoter of the show is being pressured from the atf to do this. This is what I heard through the grapevine.

If this is not a law then in no way possible will it hold up if you don't comply, should get interesting in texas though if they try to enforce a non exsisting law.

(Northampton County)

I wish I could afford a lawyer just so, in a situtation like that, I could do a private sale in the parking lot without going through an FFL. I wouldn't even care what gun it was that I bought lol. And I would sincerely hope that a ATF fucknut was there to see it.

Winning a lawsuit like that would be a huge bitchslap to the face of the BATF.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Warpt762x39 View Post
    I wish I could afford a lawyer just so, in a situtation like that, I could do a private sale in the parking lot without going through an FFL. I wouldn't even care what gun it was that I bought lol. And I would sincerely hope that a ATF fucknut was there to see it.

Winning a lawsuit like that would be a huge bitchslap to the face of the BATF.
    Your speaking about Long Gun FTF sale's, right?
    I pretty sure all Hand Gun Sale's, Must go through a FFL.
    I don't know all the laws in every State and National, But I'm pretty sure on that.
    I have never purchased a Long-Gun or Even a Hand-Gun at a show, So I'm not sure on the so called "Gray area" I hear about on our Gov. Run News.
    But, To Band FTF "Private" of Long Guns at show sounds like BULL!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by chazman21 View Post
    I don't know all the laws in every State and National, But I'm pretty sure on that.
    I have never purchased a Long-Gun or Even a Hand-Gun at a show, So I'm not sure on the so called "Gray area" I hear about on our Gov. Run News.
    Only state law controls ftf of standard firearms. Any state can allow ftf sales of handguns. I'm 99% sure of that

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by chazman21 View Post

Believe it or not, the vast majority of the the states allow private transfers without any involvement of FFL's, registration, etc.. Texas is one of them.

Only 4 or 5 states have registration. 2-3 do recorded transfers like PA does. 4 or 5 require some sort of permit/license/FOID to purchase. ...the rest, well you can sell your handgun off like you would any other item you own.

Federal law only regulates interstate commerce and transfers. State and local laws attach to private and intrastate transfers.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Believe it or not, the vast majority of the the states allow private transfers without any involvement of FFL's, registration, etc.. Texas is one of them.

Only 4 or 5 states have registration. 2-3 do recorded transfers like PA does. 4 or 5 require some sort of permit/license/FOID to purchase. ...the rest, well you can sell your handgun off like you would any other item you own.

Federal law only regulates interstate commerce and transfers. State and local laws attach to private and intrastate transfers.
    Correct. What ATF is trying to do is abuse their authority and circumvent state laws for their own agenda.

Hopefully texas will tell them, try and stop private sales and we will have our officers arrest your agents.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    I just hope all the judges in the MT vs BATFE remember that nice little fact when they hear MT's case.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

Dunno, Alex Jones has lot a lot of credibility lately because of fake reports
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(York County)

Exclamation Re: BATF Notice Bans Private Gun Sales In Texas

Alex is correct, he is a constitutionalist. If you look into all of his reports, as in researching them....you will find little to no flaws.

BATF Notice Bans Private Gun Sales In Texas:
    If you look at http://www.saf.org/LawReviews/Zimring68.htm

You will find that the government can not hold a Federal list of gun owners and the type of firearms they purchase. Only licensed Firearm dealers can hold this information and are only allowed to give this information when a warrant is given.

Please understand that everything that is happening in Austin, is happening everywhere. It's just not yet reported on. Please fight the right of our Constitution...so that our future children are not in a dictatorship.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast